DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cancun, Mexico - DJI Mavic Pro + GoPro 5B

awesome job on the edit! great aerial footage. Can't comment on the color grading other than to say i thought it looked great. Only critiques would be minor and actually with a couple of the non-aerial shots. (A couple shots were significantly underexposed compared to the rest of the footage, which takes the viewer out of the immersion, and the time-lapse of the beach lasted a couple of seconds too long. Again, only mentioning them because that is the only issue i could find. You did a much better job than i could do!)

Again, great job!

Great video, We are heading to Cancun in a couple of weeks and want to bring the Mavic Did you have any issues bringing it into Mexico? Thanks

Thanks guys!

Todd - i just got the hero 5 black and its usefullness in dark lighting is questionable at times even with me punching the levels up. I will probably try a higher iso in the future to compensate.

Tag - no issues bringing the Mavic with 3 batteries and a 20000mah external battery. Tsa did not even bat an eye or check it at all.

Nice, but a little fast on some of the clips (less than three seconds?). I got a little dizzy, but I'm old. Did you have a gimbal for your GoPro?

Nice video.

May I know what was the setting and frame size shot on the Mavic and gopro?

I can't seem to match the size of the 2 videos without cropping the Mavic footage in Adobe premier

Nice, but a little fast on some of the clips (less than three seconds?). I got a little dizzy, but I'm old. Did you have a gimbal for your GoPro?

Yeah it was more of an "action" kind of video so the music was syncd with the frames. Il be doing more cinematic stuff very soon when I go backpacking next weekend.

Nice video.

May I know what was the setting and frame size shot on the Mavic and gopro?

I can't seem to match the size of the 2 videos without cropping the Mavic footage in Adobe premier

Thank you, I have learned alot since I made this video so im confident my future videos will be a good amount better.

As for settings I was shooting both at 2.7k. I left 1080p in 2016 because why not. 4k will probably be something I would be more interested in if there were higher available frame rates.

Great video. Im a little confused though because it seems like your using the Mavic Pro when the video begins. But it has sound.

Reactions: TRP
You had lots of interesting shots and seemed to use your Mavic well. My only criticism (since you did ask!) was that the cutting done in editing was too fast. I think you were trying to cut to the music but they came too quickly so I could only get a taste of what the shot was showing me.

Great job!!! Enjoyed watching it.

Although it made me quite jealous, as I bought my Mavic just recently. Jealous because I went to Cancun a couple months ago -- and Hawaii last July!!!! Why didn't I get a drone sooner!!!!!

I so have the drone bug!!!

Reactions: TRP
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I actually used a separate ocean sound clip and sync'd it with my video as closely as I could. I have already noted to myself that I need a little more viewing time on some of the scenes, which I have been working on in my recent videos!

Tag - no issues bringing the Mavic with 3 batteries and a 20000mah external battery. Tsa did not even bat an eye or check it at all.

TRP,
Wanted to ask this too. So you had other device batts too right? Just trying to get an idea for a November trip there. Can you tell us exactly how many batts total please? Also, what type of case/luggage or any special precautions you took for packing them.

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.
Thanks,
Rob

Looks good to me, helps that I enjoy the song too. Heard it used before on another video I saw recently. I've taken many drone videos but I'm not reallly well versed on any editing. I really would like to learn and get some practice. Is there software that shows beats that's will allow cuts on selected beats?

I also love the riviera maya in Mexico. It makes it very difficult to decide to roll the dice and travel somewhere else when I know how comfortable I can be in Mexico.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99