DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing settings during flight

Chickenskat

Reactions
Are there any settings that you should not change once the Mavic is airborne .....Like P mode to Sport mode, vision to no vision, obstacles avoidance on/off, etc

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

In my opinion if you've done your due diligence prior to take off (please create/download a preflight checklist), you should have no need to change any settings other than ISO, ShutterSpeed or Intelligent flight modes while in the air. Will some circumstances dictate what you actually do mid-flight? Yes but those circumstances shouldn't be the norm.

Technically, you should be able to change settings mid flight. I wouldn't recommend doing a calibration during flight tho.

I've changed vision to no vision for hand landings. P to sport mode is fine and all intelligent modes obviously are meant to be activated as needed.

I am pretty sure that any function that would adversely effect the Mavic would be disabled once airborne.

That said, you want to be very sure exactly what effect your change will have on the flight and how to react... sport mode for example.

In my opinion if you've done your due diligence prior to take off (please create/download a preflight checklist), you should have no need to change any settings other than ISO, ShutterSpeed or Intelligent flight modes while in the air. Will some circumstances dictate what you actually do mid-flight? Yes but those circumstances shouldn't be the norm.

Thanks DodgeP. The main one I'm questioning is is it ok to switch from p-mode to s-mode while in flight.

I don't see why not. You should be good.

If you take off in Sport mode, the craft will actually default to P-mode - so to get Sport mode you would have to flick the switch to P-mode, and then switch it back again to actually get Sport mode activated

Thanks DodgeP. The main one I'm questioning is is it ok to switch from p-mode to s-mode while in flight.

Think of Sports mode as Nitro boost on a race car. If your going to turn it on when your low to the ground and have limited space then you better be prepared. On the other hand if your high up in the air and heading from point A-B it's very normal to kick it into sports to get there faster or to fly through high wind. Just watch your battery consumption. I use it a lot during the long straight parts of a trip and then switch back to P when I am coming up to what i want to film.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli