DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging battery using cig lighter

THE WOMBLE

Reactions
Connected the single battery charge unit to the cig lighter using USB cable. Could not get it to charge (no green lights in battery). Using the gig lighter to charge DJI SPARK battery works well. Read that the charger needs 13.8v to work. They fitted a step up unit (12v to 13.8v) to get it to work.Has anyone else heard this, had success charging single battery from the car's cig lighter. THANKS.

Reactions: Former Member
How are you trying? Are you plugging the USB C cable into the Air and trying to charge that way? I'm fairly sure you can't do that like you can with the Spark. DJI does have a car charger, but they aren't available yet.
Buy Mavic Air Car Charger

Reactions: THE WOMBLE
Connected the single battery charge unit to the cig lighter using USB cable. Could not get it to charge (no green lights in battery). Using the gig lighter to charge DJI SPARK battery works well. Read that the charger needs 13.8v to work. They fitted a step up unit (12v to 13.8v) to get it to work.Has anyone else heard this, had success charging single battery from the car's cig lighter. THANKS.
The adapter you are using is not a single battery charger. It’s so you can charge your phone, etc. from an Air battery.

Reactions: THE WOMBLE
I was just at dji forum and it's been confirmed by dji that you can't charge the battery via usb-c. you can either get a car charger or get a portable power bank with ac plug or get a inverter for the car at this time.

Reactions: BrumLee
Which is too bad, given it's using USB-C it could have supported full speed charging using a power delivery compatible charger like a number of laptops use nowadays.

Reactions: avanti1963
I do not blame them for not allowing charging over the Data USB-C, however it sure would be nice to charge in the "field" via 12V adapter. Anyone know of a good quality low wattage compact cigarette inverter?

I use power inverter such as this one. It charges everything and on top of that I still have 2 additional USB ports! Granted this one is way overpriced, but you can pick one up for about $15 on Amazon. Just make sure that inverter is 175 W

I tried one that is 150 W and it worked on Phantom 3 battery, but it didn't work for Mavic Air

I use power inverter such as this one. It charges everything and on top of that I still have 2 additional USB ports! Granted this one is way overpriced, but you can pick one up for about $15 on Amazon. Just make sure that inverter is 175 W

I tried one that is 150 W and it worked on Phantom 3 battery, but it didn't work for Mavic Air

Nice! How long have you been using this one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark