DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging question

Reactions
I’m going to Europe in a few days, and I was wondering, would my Dji mini 2 be affected charging with 220 watts instead of the usual 110 we use in America? What about my iphone? I wouldn’t want to damage my batteries or anything.

your thinking of voltage, not watts.
No, you wont have any issues with your phone or drones
You will need adapters to fit the different power sockets though.

your thinking of voltage, not watts.
No, you wont have any issues with your phone or drones
You will need adapters to fit the different power sockets though.
Yea I meant voltage 😅 I also already have an adapter

I’m going to Europe in a few days, and I was wondering, would my Dji mini 2 be affected charging with 220 watts instead of the usual 110 we use in America? What about my iphone? I wouldn’t want to damage my batteries or anything.
Whoa, you need step down transformers, not just plug adapters. if your "adapters" do now step down the 220 volts to 110, your batteries and your phone will get toooooo much voltage and they will probably burn out...

Some of these "transformers" are called "converters" but I am not current on this, but you need to be...

I lived in Italy in the 1980s and other Americans who plugged in their 110 volt appliances without a transformer saw smoke and had their TVs, stereos, refrigerators, etc... destroyed.

One guy forgot to use a transformer with his car battery charger and it caused the car battery to short out and explode.

One more thing, if you plan to use your phone to make phone calls, check to see if it works in Europe, not all do...

@Sand_Hanitizer If you look on the specs for your phone and drones, you will see that they are able to operate at different voltages, whether it be US 110v, or 220v all you will need is an adapter to allow your US style plugs to be converted to the version used in the country you are going to

Check on your power adapters, if they support both 110v and 220v, 50hz and 60hz then it is fine, you only need to concert the plug. Most chargers are universal. But if some of your devices don't support 220v then you will need a step down transformer.

We were just in Sweden and charged our cellphones, laptop, Mini 3, Nintendo switch, and camera using an adapter and had zero issues.

Whoa, you need step down transformers, not just plug adapters. if your "adapters" do now step down the 220 volts to 110, your batteries and your phone will get toooooo much voltage and they will probably burn out...

Some of these "transformers" are called "converters" but I am not current on this, but you need to be...

I lived in Italy in the 1980s and other Americans who plugged in their 110 volt appliances without a transformer saw smoke and had their TVs, stereos, refrigerators, etc... destroyed.

One guy forgot to use a transformer with his car battery charger and it caused the car battery to short out and explode.

One more thing, if you plan to use your phone to make phone calls, check to see if it works in Europe, not all do...
Maybe in the 80s, and with tv’s and other home appliances that are using the voltage from the mains supply. But we live in the future now, and phones and other similar chargers are fine. Remember, you are not pumping 110 or 220v into your phone or lipo. Your charger brings the voltage down to a much lower voltage, and these chargers are designed to work internationally

Last edited:
Reactions: JimSteadman
But we live in the future now
Thank you, I have reviewed my copy of the Movie "Back to the Future" and I see that my fears are unfounded.

plug.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AnzacJack

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc