DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking flights on Mavic

iSilentP

Reactions
I sold a Mavic online and buyer is returning it stating that it does not work. Is there a way for me to access the flight logs from drone, similar to the ability to do so on the Phantom 4? I would like to ultimately find out if the Mavic was crashed or even flown, since he claims it does not take off.

I sold a Mavic online and buyer is returning it stating that it does not work. Is there a way for me to access the flight logs from drone, similar to the ability to do so on the Phantom 4? I would like to ultimately find out if the Mavic was crashed or even flown, since he claims it does not take off.

Yes this data is stored on the mavic ... this has been covered here in another post ... im just not sure were.

Found it ..

Bought used Mavic, can I extract flight data from it?

You can load the .Dat files here CsvView/DatCon

Dowload the DJI Assistant 2 software from here Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Last edited:
You can retrieve and view the internal flight logs like this.

Thanks for both responses. I don't have the Mavic quite yet. It is being shipped from the buyer back to me. I am trying the same procedure with my P4. I was able to find the DAT files on the drone. Downloaded them. Installed the cvsview/datcon app but now it I'm getting message "corrupted file". I sent email to app author. The only thing that I may have done wrong is just copy the files from the usb-attached drone to a folder directly without going through the DJI Assistant software. I will try that next.

You must follow the instructions at the link above exactly. Don't make up your own steps along the way ;)

Thanks. msinger. The interface I have for the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 (v1.0.9) is different than what is shown in the steps linked above. here's what I see: http://screencast.com/t/duOqNvESpGO

As you can see, I don't have the "Flight Record" option (http://screencast.com/t/8dxJaQIHuugl). What I have instead is "Flight Data" link. I am using Windows 7.

What I do see is a USB drive that has the following files displayed http://screencast.com/t/eo26YKhf

Those files can be read without issue by the DJI Assistant viewer with any problems.

Last edited:
OK. Me bad. I downloaded the latest app CVSView 1.0.3 and all is working. The problems I had are because I was trying to use the older app, DatCon. All is good. Thanks for all your help and patience.

OK. Me bad. I downloaded the latest app CVSView 1.0.3 and all is working. The problems I had are because I was trying to use the older app, DatCon. All is good. Thanks for all your help and patience.
You were using an older version of DatCon. Both DatCon 2.4.2 and CsvView 1.0.3 will work on the .DAT produced by DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks so much. You've been helpful. I will go to download the newest DatCon now,
No need if you're already using CsvView. If you want to use the .csv file just ask CsvView to export it. On the main CsvView screen File->Export Csv

OK. Thanks AGAIN! So, preferably, I should be using CsvView?
Doesn't really matter if you want to deal with the .csv yourself. CsvView uses DatCon internally to produce the same .csv. CsvView will visualize the .csv for you if you don't want to use Excel plot, Dashware, or something similar.

I was only suggesting that you continue to use CsvView since you've already downloaded, installed and learned how to use it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31