DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic settings for your Mavic - slow the baby down!

Thanks for this, very helpful. I spend forever looking for the "gimbal tilt smooth track". It seems it has a new name now - which I don't have in front of me at the moment. Maybe it was updated in the firmware update?

Yes, I cannot find this setting either! Ideas?

I tried these settings today, and the app would let me change them, but wouldn't save the settings. I put the bird in the air and it was still the default setting except for gimbal speed. I don't understand why the new setting do not save.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thanks for this, very helpful. I spend forever looking for the "gimbal tilt smooth track". It seems it has a new name now - which I don't have in front of me at the moment. Maybe it was updated in the firmware update?

Me too! Looked everywhere. Can anyone explain how to get this setting?

How on earth do I get the mavic to actually use the gentle mode?
a06859a6d379040b8aec59f71e9cfd90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Gentle AKA Tripod mode....
Thanks, I thought this might be the case but aren't there more flight characteristic differences with Tripod mode? Isn't it really cool how DJI keeps us guessing about all this stuff - clear documentation is so boring for people with all the time in the world to experiment.

Also, is there a way to quickly switch between Tripod and Normal like there is for sport?

Reactions: PNWsquid
I don't think you can instigate the use of "Gentle, and Normal" as a flight mode from the EXP menu setting. As I understand it, these are settings that are then used in programmed modes, sport being the exception as that has a dedicated switch. I don't think Gentle translates to Tripod mode as there isn't a setting available to alter the speed. I posted earlier if there is a method of adding your own modes to the existing options, but I reckon that facility doesn't exist.

There are 3 pre-configured modes in the advanced settings, from memory I think they were called slow, normal, and fast. You can change the expo values in each so all you'd have to do is go into advanced setting and switch to the slow from fast config, for example.
Hi,
Since last update, these settings dissapeared I think....
It's the same with you guys?

Reactions: Daptone
The iOS DGI GO I'm using lists Gimbal Speed and Gimbal Pitch Buffer but I think they do the same thing as Gimbal Tilt Smooth Track and Gimbal Wheel Speed. This menu is found by scrolling all he way down to the Gimbal icon on the left and choosing advanced.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.PNG
    IMG_1654.PNG
    312 KB · Views: 160
Wouldn't it be great if DJI would quit Re-inventing all the settings stuff? Good grief already! I have watched so many of the settings vids and so many of the settings names have been changed or eliminated or added. Come on DJI, get with the program.

Reactions: Daptone
I set the gimbal speed to 10 but moving the gimbal up is much faster than moving it down, does this happen to you? it seems to be more sensible going up than down

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom