DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarification of information notice on screen.

Janset

Reactions
Hi all.

I am new to drone flying so far so I at time need a little push, and today is one of those days.

Today when I was practicing in the back year I received a notification on the display screen appearing in the upper left corner, it read:

"Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"

What does that mean....please?

Cheers Janset

Hi all.

I am new to drone flying so far so I at time need a little push, and today is one of those days.

Today when I was practicing in the back year I received a notification on the display screen appearing in the upper left corner, it read:

Cheers Janset
Time to finally upgrade your phone/tablet to something newer!
It can't handle the FLY app.

You might just need to make sure no other apps are running apart from Fly, when you're flying your drone.

Time to finally upgrade your phone/tablet to something newer!
It can't handle the FLY app.
Absolutely not true...most probably, too much working apps in time of flight, just close all apps. Better use dedicated device for the drone and that is all....

Reactions: Ol' Sparky
Absolutely not true...most probably, too much working apps in time of flight, just close all apps. Better use dedicated device for the drone and that is all....
We are both recommending the exact same thing. Using your current older phone to also fly your drone is a bad idea when DJI is warning you that it can't handle the CPU load. In order to be able use a dedicated device for the drone, a new phone purchase is hightly recommended, either to fly the drone and handle all your phone needs simultaneously without warning, or to dedicate the older phone to flying only, while using another newer phone for everything else. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should! DJI is telling you not to, for the best flying experience. Don't tow an RV trailer with your car! Get a proper pickup truck designed to handle the load!

Last edited:
We are both recommending the exact same thing. Using your current older phone to also fly your drone is a bad idea when DJI is warning you that it can't handle the CPU load. In order to be able use a dedicated device for the drone, a new phone purchase is hightly recommended, either to fly the drone and handle all your phone needs simultaneously without warning, or to dedicate the older phone to flying only, while using another newer phone for everything else. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should! DJI is telling you not to, for the best flying experience.
Even you use the last powerful phone in the market, if there is too much working apps, this message will appear again. The Android must be clear of apps, the CPU is not so important. DJI says - all phones with Android 6 and later can be used and it is true. I am using 2016 model tablet Huawei MediaPAd M3 with Android 6 and only 4 GB RAM. Never had this message. But, in this tablet I have only installed DJI Fly, Airdata and nothing else. Even there is no SIM slot...so, with this old model, no CPU problems, no black screens, no app/video lag...

Even you use the last powerful phone in the market, if there is too much working apps, this message will appear again. The Android must be clear of apps, the CPU is not so important. DJI says - all phones with Android 6 and later can be used and it is true. I am using 2016 model tablet Huawei MediaPAd M3 with Android 6 and only 4 GB RAM. Never had this message. But, in this tablet I have only installed DJI Fly, Airdata and nothing else. Even there is no SIM slot...so, with this old model, no CPU problems, no black screens, no app/video lag...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Never use the DJI bare minimum requirements for a tablet/phone. The older device compatibility list keeps dropping the older models, with each new version of DJI FLY. I have added more clarification to my post above. We both agree the OP needs a dedicated flying tablet, which will require a new phone! That was my point.

Reactions: Peshoa
No one mentioned what clearing out all the cached drone photos in the phone might do. Check the memory left in the phone. Might be full.

I got the same warning on my older iPhone 7. I switched the phone to 'airport mode' and haven't seen the warning reappear.

The easiest thing to do would be to check and see what other apps are running in the background. If it's only stuff that you need and or can't turn orlff/ out to sleep then it's time to upgrade. A barespecced phone isn't optimal but if all you're running is Fly and kittyhawk or air data or something it'll probably work while a top of the line phone like the S21 ultra or iPhone( insert whatever is newest) but not optimized and allowing other apps to run rampant will still potentially get that message.
If you can afford it though it would pay to have a separate device for flying. Whether you're talking upgrading your phone and using the old one to fly or buying a tablet because of the bigger screen. Why have your flying experience interrupted by incoming calls and messages taking over your screen at an inopportune time.

Hi all.

Cheers Janset
I Googled the term and found this video. t\There were numerous other results you want to look at- Just go to Google and type in the search "CPU fully Loaded"

Hope this helps you. Apparently all you need to do is use a different connector with lightning/USB terminals. (e.g.: defective cord).

Reactions: Grazuncle
Thanks guys.
There is a lot of advice to look into and when you are time poor then it is more of a problem.

I have a number of cables that I have acquired between the iphone and the mini iPad. I will try those first and slowly move down the list of suggestions. The thought of buying a new iphone or iPad really does not appeal to me, hopefully it will not come to that.

Just as a point, the CPU referred to in the notice, is that referring to the CPU in the iPhone/iPad tablet or is there another CPU inside the actual hand controller also?

Cheers Janset

Thanks guys.
There is a lot of advice to look into and when you are time poor then it is more of a problem.

I have a number of cables that I have acquired between the iphone and the mini iPad. I will try those first and slowly move down the list of suggestions. The thought of buying a new iphone or iPad really does not appeal to me, hopefully it will not come to that.

Just as a point, the CPU referred to in the notice, is that referring to the CPU in the iPhone/iPad tablet or is there another CPU inside the actual hand controller also?

Cheers Janset
I think you answered your own question when you said "MOBILE DEVICE CPU" fully loaded. It's probably referring to the CPU in the mobile device.

No one mentioned what clearing out all the cached drone photos in the phone might do. Check the memory left in the phone. Might be full.
The message was about the CPU being overworked, not the files in storage on the device.
Those are two unrelated things.

Turn off the cache to phone when flying. Download video from drone to phone only when not flying, and be sure to have a fan blowing on the drone so that it doesn't overheat and meltdown! Cache to phone causes the phone processor to overload while flying, on even some iphones approved by dji. The screen will go black and control will be lost at the most inopportune moment and limit. Take heed! This will happen. Recommend downloading to computer by removing and placing the sd card directly in your computer. Its processor can easily handle the task and the drone's processor won't be overheated this way either.

The screen will go black and control will be lost at the most inopportune moment and limit. Take heed! This will happen.
Um .. no, it won't happen.
Losing your phone or tablet, doesn't man you lose control.
Try for yourself sometime by unplugging the phone and see how you still have full control.
Plug it back in and you'll have control + live view again.

Um .. no, it won't happen.
Losing your phone or tablet, doesn't man you lose control.
Try for yourself sometime by unplugging the phone and see how you still have full control.
Plug it back in and you'll have control + live view again.
Your device is running out of processing power. Maybe too many programs? Apps?

I think you answered your own question when you said "MOBILE DEVICE CPU" fully loaded. It's probably referring to the CPU in the mobile device.
Hi back again.
The problem has not returned so far. I took your lead and did a spring clean on the iPad mini deleting a bunch of seldom used apps and by doing that I freed up a bunch of memory.
While doing the spring clean I did notice that the DJIFly app was quite a large app just sitting there so I can only guess how much memory it would use while working.

I do not know for sure if that is what fixed it other than to say that the warning has not re-appeared since then.

cheers Janset

Hi back again.
The problem has not returned so far. I took your lead and did a spring clean on the iPad mini deleting a bunch of seldom used apps and by doing that I freed up a bunch of memory.
While doing the spring clean I did notice that the DJIFly app was quite a large app just sitting there so I can only guess how much memory it would use while working.

I do not know for sure if that is what fixed it other than to say that the warning has not re-appeared since then.

cheers Janset
Great to hear that! On my iMAC, I can right click on an icon and see the amount of Gigs that the app uses. I routinely clear out my un-used stuff, and try to off load data such as huge files that I am finished with, to a hard drive to free up memory. A typical Asset Folder (all of my stuff used to make a film) will use 70-90GB so I try to move that to a hard drive. On an iPad, of course, you cannot right click a mouse so I think the only solution would be to uninstall as many un-used apps as possible, as well as large files such as videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857