DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

upward vision sensor error dji air2s

VPARREIRA_PT

Reactions
Hello,

I had today this error and I was assuming that is due to the new aircraft firmware. I did the upgrade via mobile phone and the issue continues, I did a new firmware upgrade via DJi assistant and the error message continues.

I went to all foruns and everyone said to calibrate the sensors via DJi assistant, I did but last step I saw a black screen of my right sensor.... I did again and the issue continues... :(

After in DJI forum I found the below information from DJI support teams

black or gray sensor view in the lower left corner during calibration

Possible Cause of Issue & Solution
In the lower left corner of the vision calibration interface, there will be a display of the image captured by the sensor. If the image turns black or gray, it indicates a sensor malfunction.

so, I have 2 questions:

1) did someone had the same issue and solved without changing the sensors?

2) can I fly with this error message?

Thanks for you feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
You can turn the sensors off and fly in sport mode so sure you can fly Just remember you have NO obstacle Avoidance! BUT You will need to change your Sensor They cost around 45 U.S. It is not a hard fix. You need to handle the part carefully as not to damage the ribbon cable- There is electronic silicone that holds this connection together. After you remove the top you need to check these connections and make sure one has not come loose from this silicone connection.
If not then you need to remove the old sensor and all of the silicone ALL from the board. after this is done-Replace the sensor carefully ( !ribbon cable! ) and once connected you MUST replace the silicone. ONLY use electronic silicone ( such as Kingboxer or equal ) Remember work carefully and you will do fine.
When it comes time to recalibrate your fixed Drone Do yourself a favor and go outside Away from metal and concrete.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yesterday I tried to take off with the message and was fine but was only take off and landing, I didn't try any other movements...

So you are saying that I can fly in sports mode and no message will appear or I also can fly in normal mode even with the message but knowing that I have an error in the sensors?

Regarding the replacement, thanks a lot for your detailed description, I'll check where I can order the piece.

Thanks again!

Updates are not a cure all. In fact, DJI updates should be researched prior to installing them. Any crash history on this one? Recently purchased?

Updates are not a cure all. In fact, DJI updates should be researched prior to installing them. Any crash history on this one? Recently purchased?
Could have very well been the problem though good catch I am wondering about the crash or drop thing myself Those connections can get knocked loose pretty easy really even with the silicone on them they will come loose and just float around attached to the silicone..

No crash, nothing, the drone is perfect..my last flight was in October last year and next week I'll be on vacations so I was preparing the equipment...and was when I saw the message and after I did the upgrade and the message continues...

It's not a new purchase, it's from 2021...

Even with the message the drone can fly...at least I have the message "fly with precocious" but continue with the error message...

Do you know if everything is working perfectly but with some issues on obstacles avoidance??

Thanks again

Could have very well been the problem though good catch I am wondering about the crash or drop thing myself Those connections can get knocked loose pretty easy really even with the silicone on them they will come loose and just float around attached to the silicone..

Was not the case, no crash and I have the drone always well packaged (I have 3 kids at home so I need to keep all drones safes) ahah

Those connections can get knocked loose pretty easy
From the ones I’ve had apart, I’ve not seen any connectors that came loose. DJI has done a pretty good job with the connectors they are using. The sensor itself is more likely the issue.

with the message the drone can fly.
The obstacle sensors are there for just that reason, to help in obstacle avoidance.
You should be ok as long as you have that issue in mind when flying and avoid any proximity to anything that wants to reach out and bite your camera. This would be a simple repair process with DJI and you would likely end up with a new aircraft at a very reasonable cost.

Reactions: VPARREIRA_PT
The obstacle sensors are there for just that reason, to help in obstacle avoidance.
You should be ok as long as you have that issue in mind when flying and avoid any proximity to anything that wants to reach out and bite your camera. This would be a simple repair process with DJI and you would likely end up with a new aircraft at a very reasonable cost.
Thanks, I've contacted the official repair store in Portugal but they do not have in stock the Piece...but the all cost is around 120€, not a show stopper...but they do not have a date to have the piece...

So, 2 options, send to dji or order the piece and try to change it...

This weekend I'll have some time to try fly the drone and I'll share if I found anything issues.

Dears,

So conclusions...

Mode cine - everything is working well
Mode normal - only up and down, no other controls are acceptable by the drone
Mode sport - everything is working well

With all options we have the red warning about the upward sensor but is moving...was only 15minutes flight with a lot of wind but was a good test.

Regards

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.