DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold phone?

CCTjohn

Reactions
Went out this afternoon, was about 25 degrees.

I recently changed phones from a1.5 year old iPhone 6s to this T-Mobile Revvl Plus. This was my first time flying with the new phone.

After 10 minutes I was having issues with signal, phone licking up and app crashing. I was only about 350 feet up and 500 feet away so signal shouldn't have been an issue.

Did my phone just freeze up? Thoughts...

So what was the issue, RC lost connection to the Mavic and it did what you have it programmed to do such as RTH? (In this case it had nothing to do with your phone)
OR
You just lost the APP and video but the RC still had control of the Mavic? (In which case join the rest of us that have APP crashes which is a real bummer)

So what was the issue, RC lost connection to the Mavic and it did what you have it programmed to do such as RTH? (In this case it had nothing to do with your phone)
OR
You just lost the APP and video but the RC still had control of the Mavic? (In which case join the rest of us that have APP crashes which is a real bummer)
Was definitely the phone somehow, but what leads me to believe it was the child phone is that when it crashed the whole phone was locked up and I had no screen at all for a while.

Trying to think how I can terrible shoot. Wonder if I take it up day 20 get and sit in a warm car and see how it does for half a battery than jump out and let the phone get cold. I want to be sure I'm being safe though for other people and my Mavic.

The heat generated inside should have helped and 25F is not particularly low.
It's always a good plan to restart the phone just before or at least close down (as in force stop) other apps.
Also good USB cable is critical.
The small neat one they supply is not a good quality cable and a fullsize USB in bottom outlet is more reliable by far.

Reactions: CCTjohn
The heat generated inside should have helped and 25F is not particularly low.
It's always a good plan to restart the phone just before or at least close down (as in force stop) other apps.
Also good USB cable is critical.
The small neat one they supply is not a good quality cable and a fullsize USB in bottom outlet is more reliable by far.
I was using the small one that came with so a new USB will be a good idea

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c