DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass calibration

rg155

Reactions
Hi all,
I’m having trouble with my flights after calibrating the imu and compass, I still get compass error warnings. Am I calibrating the compass right? Could anyone post of a video of it done correctly? I also calibrate away from interferences.

Last edited:
Have you been having the compass problems from your first flights or is this a new problem.

But I just calibrated the imu I will try agin and report back. Any videos I should watch for the compass calibration?

But I just calibrated the imu I will try agin and report back. Any videos I should watch for the compass calibration?
Hello rg, if it helps, when you press the compass calibration the little drawing that tells you what to do has to followed exactly, I did this mistake the first time I did it, putting it on its side the wrong way round etc, see if that helps.

Shouldn't he be rotating the drone along its axis? Looks like it's being rotated in a circle with him being the center point. What I always understood is the Mavic should be the center point of the rotations

Shouldn't he be rotating the drone along its axis? Looks like it's being rotated in a circle with him being the center point. What I always understood is the Mavic should be the center point of the rotations
It doesn't matter. Even DJI instructs people to calibrate the compass like that.

Still having issues will post pictures below, got the drone a few days ago and calibrated imu correctly never had these problems with my p3.
This happened about 10 times every time I would turn around to fly home it would say compass error but I never used Rth.

Attachments

• D9590F3D-CE9C-48C2-8F7D-A4765839AB01.png
    D9590F3D-CE9C-48C2-8F7D-A4765839AB01.png
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 47
No I do not.
It sounds like all is fine then.

I often see compass errors in DJI GO when I power up my Mavic indoors.

Reactions: PepeLePew
Went out and tested the same route with the p3s and got no errors or interference.

Yes I updated it when I got the drone a few days ago. Only happens when I go out more than 600ft and turn around to come home

Went and flew with some other people today and one of them was having the same problem. Going out over 600 ft and then turning around and coming home the compass gets confused.

Easy fix is to stop at 599 feet.. but I suspect some sort of magnetic interference. Is this always happening in the same location? does it happen if you fly from another takeoff point far away?

Calibrate outdoor far away from any metal objects. Never calibrate indoors. Only IMU can be done indoors . I suspect your getting a interference during calibration. Worth a re try of calibrating in a different area. Stay off of concrete as well it has heavy steel rods in it and it will screw up your calibration.

Calibrate outdoor far away from any metal objects. Never calibrate indoors. Only IMU can be done indoors . I suspect your getting a interference during calibration. Worth a re try of calibrating in a different area. Stay off of concrete as well it has heavy steel rods in it and it will screw up your calibration.
Calibrated today in a forest preserve and it happens at any point in flight when I turn around to come back towards the remote. I have flown in different locations also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast