DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error question

Travis1974

Reactions
Hi, new to the forum and new to the mavic pro platinum. I've updated all the firmware and compass calibration and imu calibration. My first flight I lost gps. Saying compass error, exited gps mode. I then pushed return to home and it flew away from me. I finally got it back to my location. Went out again seemed to only lose signal when turning drone. Third flight did compass and imu calibration again. Making sure no metal objects etc. Was a little windy tired it again. Just flickers in and out of compass error. Every now and then. Has 19 plus sats showing on screen. Weather took a turn for the worst here and just looking for some advise or help. I have to fiqure this out quickly so I can return it under a dead line. Hopefully I can fly it soon again but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This might be a MPP but it reminds me of the old MP problem that the rear leg wires that entered inside the Mavic to the circuit board were not twisted or did not have enough twists in them and transmitted interference from the motor to the GPS and compass in the rear of craft causing just these problems that the OP has mentioned.
I just wonder if same problem exists or is still a cause of many of the same faults continually mentioned even in the MPP.
Just a thought.

If all three flights were from the same area then try flying somewhere else. There may be a magnetic anomaly at that spot. Also, insure that your MPP and radar pointer are in agreement with each other.

Thanks. I'll try and post those files. Also all three flights were different areas. 2 miles from first flight and 12 miles from second flight.

...all three flights were different areas. 2 miles from first flight and 12 miles from second flight.
That rules out the location, unless you are launching from steel reinforced concrete at each spot. Probably not. @sar104 's log analysis should expose the problem. It might be that degaussing is in order (Cfixer or similar).

Did you confirm that the radar pointer and Mavic were both agreeing about the heading?

Hope this works

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-04-21_[07-51-44].txt
    648.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-04-21_[08-02-18].txt
    578.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 19-04-12-09-08-06_FLY004.DAT
    488.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 19-04-12-09-11-41_FLY005.DAT
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 19-04-12-09-33-28_FLY006.DAT
    929.7 KB · Views: 1
Hope this works

There were compass errors in the first txt log file that you posted, and the immediate cause is clear - a sensor fusion disagreement between the IMU position and velocity starting at 100 seconds::

It doesn't appear to correlate well with yaw, so it's difficult to determine the exact cause. The DAT files that you included were not the correct files - you need to find FLY031.DAT.

Reactions: Mossiback
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot