DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Complete mobile workflow?

OneSunnyDay

Reactions
hi guys,

What Kind of workflow are people using to edit/colour grade mavic video on an iPhone alone? I'm Finding the editing section of DJI a bit restrictive. Is there any way of importing video from the mavic SD while the iPhone is connected to the remote so
I can use another app to edit?

You can import 1080p footage from the aircraft either throgh the remote or by plugging the SD card in Apple's camera connection kit, but not 4K.

For me it's pointless since on all mobile editing apps I've used export quality is too low anyway, I'd consider my time spent on that being wasted since I wouldn't be happy with the result and would have to redo it all afterwards.
Just use a laptop. I never go out without one anyway.

Agree. It's rather pointless to develop a real mobile workflow with just an iPhone let alone do any grading short of just using the basic image adjustment settings on the iOS version of iMovie and the Mavic image settings you've pre-selected prior to hitting record that gets baked into the lower quality non-4k video feed you get from the Mavic to the iPhone via the controller. Besides, not only can you not get 4k into the iPhone from the Mavic but the idea of grading in general is to equalize color characteristics between cameras without losing dynamic range, which ideally means shooting a camera with a log profile. The Mavic's log profile is not real log and of course the footage you eventually get into the iPhone from the Mavic is not even close. If I had to do any worthwhile grading and editing, I'd sooner suck it up and just bring my macbook pro along, offload footage directly from the Mavic's microSD to it and edit/grade with less compromises. Otherwise it's not even worth it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99