DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confrontation with COPS over drone | Almost ARRESTED!

(not my video either)

Discuss. (this one might be older and maybe this has been discussed earlier).

The pilot was calm but stood his ground. As he should have.
I purchased a refurbished Mavic 3 this spring. As soon as I unboxed it I took it for a maiden flight out over the green space behind my house. It was about a 4 minute flght over the greenspace during the middle of a weekday, I returned to home by flying over a cul-du-sac and up the street back to my house. Private neighborhood and no traffic. I landed in my front yard and looked up to see an angry red faced man parked in my driveway. On my returnt home I paused over the middle of the cul-du-sac for 15 - 20 seconds, just long enough to see how close Mt Rainier looked with the 28x zoom.
Angry man lived in the cul-du-sac and was convinced I was spying on him. He threatened to shoot the drone down if he ever sees it again. Sheriff was called, and a report filed. Deputy who took the report was a part 107 drone pilot. As he said after talking to the angry man "You have a crazy person living a block away, he has now self identified as paranoid, so I'd just try to avoid flying over "his" cul-du-sac and continue to do what you're doing. He he bothers you again, here is the case #."
Having an educated LEO makes a world of difference, just as much as the PIC keeping his cool as well.

Reactions: finity
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet