DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Containerships on a rainy day

You might want to consider getting a Wet Suit for your drone with amazing pictures like this, as you were close to getting caught in the downpour. The other thing I would be tempted to do is
contact the shipping yard and see if they want some Epic Pictures of there ships . lol Well done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain !

Those are some cool pictures. I live on the river but have never flown that close to the ships. What drone are you flying & what are you using to edit the pics?

I fly before this week the DJI Spark and upgraded this week to the Mavic 2 Pro.
I shoot always DNG (RAW) and edit the pictures with Adobe Lightroom.

Your photographs are brilliant. I hope and assume in the interests of navigational safety and the continued use of drones by many of us in ports around the world, you provided the professional courtesy of either notifying the Captain of the Port for general situational awareness or notifying each ship with a hand held VHF radio by calling via the "bridge channel" alerting them to your drone photo flights. Failing to do that, in the USA can result in fines as an unannounced drone may be deemed a threat to navigational safety and in some ports seen as a nefarious drone with other intentions other than stunning photographs.
[ Jonathan Atkin, www.shipshooter.com QUOTE="flyliedutch, post: 786596, member: 102579"]
View attachment 77460

View attachment 77461

View attachment 77462

View attachment 77459
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: MavicDelight
Your photographs are brilliant. I hope and assume in the interests of navigational safety and the continued use of drones by many of us in ports around the world, you provided the professional courtesy of either notifying the Captain of the Port for general situational awareness or notifying each ship with a hand held VHF radio by calling via the "bridge channel" alerting them to your drone photo flights. Failing to do that, in the USA can result in fines as an unannounced drone may be deemed a threat to navigational safety and in some ports seen as a nefarious drone with other intentions other than stunning photographs.
[ Jonathan Atkin, www.shipshooter.com QUOTE="flyliedutch, post: 786596, member: 102579"]
View attachment 77460

View attachment 77461

View attachment 77462

View attachment 77459
[/QUOTE]

Good point. I shoot a lot of Shipping & Maritime photography and Captains and owners absolutely HATE unknown drones buzzing around their vessels.

View attachment 77460

View attachment 77461

View attachment 77462

View attachment 77459

Thanks all :)
All pictures are made above the Westerschelde (Zeeland, Netherlands).
It's allowed to fly there with a drone when maintaining VLOS and with a max. attitude of 120 meter. Communication with ships is not needed. However it is forbidden to fly directly above the ships. So shots from directly above the ships are not allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis