DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control Cable

Beara102

Reactions
Not sure if this has already been covered but I want to use an android tablet instead of my phone with my mavic mini and want the cable to be about 1 metre long for the purpose of having two operators flying the drone; The tablet is micro USB. Is there any problems in using a longer cable and if not can anyone recommend one.

Thanks.
John Mac.

There is no problem using a longer cable. Depending on the controller you are using ( except the DJI Smart controller) there are many I really couldn't recommend a brand I would just say look at the reviews on the cable and get the one that will suit your needs I typically use a 10 foot one its a little long but it works fine.

Not sure if this has already been covered but I want to use an android tablet instead of my phone with my mavic mini and want the cable to be about 1 metre long for the purpose of having two operators flying the drone; The tablet is micro USB. Is there any problems in using a longer cable and if not can anyone recommend one.

Thanks.
John Mac.
It's going to be very awkward for two people to literally control the drone. There can be only one controller which means that both people would need access to it. I can understand two people wanting to see the screen but not two people wanting access to the controller unless perhaps one of them is disabled with the use of only 1 hand etc..

The above said, be very careful fitting a std micro USB type B plug to the micro USB socket type A socket on the side of the controller. See USB hardware - Wikipedia.
There is nothing to stop you trying to fit the type A plug upside down expect the insert and, if you do and try to force things, you may damage the insert and contacts and that means a replacement controller unless you fancy trying to replace the socket.
It might also be that the plug that will mate with the controller needs to be configured as an OTG plug, which means, from memory, that the the plug has an added internal connection between two of its contacts.
Google this stuff, it's been a while since I last looked at it.

Reactions: mereflyer
Thanks for the advice, It's really for the larger screen to be honest. The controller I have is just the standard Mavic Mini controller. I'll check on Amazon and see if they have something suitable once I know it can be done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne