DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller 5D button missing

Jetek

Reactions
Today I went to fly and noticed that my controller is missing the 5D button. I swore it was there when I last flew. I don't know when or where it has fallen off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
782bb554cff47c2144aafba43939aab1.jpg

Might ask DJI if they have spares but nothing like this is listed individually yet as an OEM Spare option. If someone else has crashed their drone and isn't expecting to replace it, or somehow ended up with a replaced kit when they returned just the drone, then maybe they can hook you up with a spare. Otherwise, spares like this this will be hard to come by for a while.

Reactions: dewster and pzwkfq
Already contacted DJI and they want me to send the controller back. I guess to replace the button and to make sure it works correctly. At least I can still fly on wifi until my controller comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Warranty Job I should say. No doubt they will ask for flight logs and video ;)

Doing without the RC while they replace it will be a PITA though.

Out of interest have you used on the the 3D printed stick protectors that has a cutout for the 5-way button?

Reactions: PowerT1998
Ok, cool. I only asked at the 3D printed ones put additional stress on the little button as they have lateral movement with the sticks. A pretty bad design if you ask me.

My 5D button snapped off too! Did they replace your under warranty?

Reactions: PowerT1998
My 5D button also snapped off. This is my second day using the drone.. Contacting DJI now..

It's so anoying

Ok, cool. I only asked at the 3D printed ones put additional stress on the little button as they have lateral movement with the sticks. A pretty bad design if you ask me.
I think that depends on which design you are referring to, not all of the 3D printed solutions have that issue.

Reactions: RallySoob
IMG_7382.PNGOne hour and forty minutes waiting on the phone to get to DJI customer service.. still number 9..

Bummer.. 2 weeks it took?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

DJI warranty service took about 3 weeks from shipping to return. It only took DJI 24 hours once they received the controller to when they shipped out a new one.

Reactions: LeMur and jerryflah
I got my MP last Monday and have been charging it up, researching the camera settings ready for a big flying weekend (3 batteries, heaven !!). I took it out of the bag the other night for some setting adjustments, removed the joystick guard to notice that the 5D button dropped off in my hand. I wasn't sure if this was a push on button that had dropped off or it this had broken off. It would seem afew others have been having the same issue. So is this a removable button that can come off or has this broken off and I'm just effecting a temporary fix and it should go back under warranty ?

I got my MP last Monday and have been charging it up, researching the camera settings ready for a big flying weekend (3 batteries, heaven !!). I took it out of the bag the other night for some setting adjustments, removed the joystick guard to notice that the 5D button dropped off in my hand. I wasn't sure if this was a push on button that had dropped off or it this had broken off. It would seem afew others have been having the same issue. So is this a removable button that can come off or has this broken off and I'm just effecting a temporary fix and it should go back under warranty ?

It's broken off (snapped). Teardown videos show it's design. DJI will replace this under warranty. I sent mine back this morning. This is a common problem.

The good news is that you can fly it for a little while if you want without the button before you send it in. Expect to be without a controller for 3 weeks if you send it in.

There is one guy on RCgroups that applied some ca to the buttons shaft and snapped it back in. He hasn't had a problem since.... personally, I didn't want to do that.

It's broken off (snapped). Teardown videos show it's design. DJI will replace this under warranty. I sent mine back this morning. This is a common problem.

The good news is that you can fly it for a little while if you want without the button before you send it in. Expect to be without a controller for 3 weeks if you send it in.

There is one guy on RCgroups that applied some ca to the buttons shaft and snapped it back in. He hasn't had a problem since.... personally, I didn't want to do that.
Thanks FPVme, thats what I thought :( I will take out for the first weekend then put back into mothballs and send back for a replacement.

Thanks FPVme, thats what I thought :( I will take out for the first weekend then put back into mothballs and send back for a replacement.

Get this case ordered (ships from China) in the mean-time ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki