DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller 'stuck' in slave mode?

Brexitor

Reactions
So, bought a second hand Mavic. The guy I bought it from was quite into his drones and had bought an 'Air'. So, Im currently setting up the drone and not flying it. I've updated all I can, then came to gimbal calibration and I couldnt find the camera menu.
Looking into this, it seems the old owner has left this as a slave controller, not the primary.
How do you get a secondary to primary? I cant find any instructions anywhere :confused:

Did you try relinking the remote controller as the master in DJI GO like this?

Hi!
It connects fine, I just do not have all the menu options that should be there. It only displays the controller icon, no camera, drone or other icons in the menu.

So, you'll able to relink it as the primary remote controller then, right?

So, you'll able to relink it as the primary remote controller then, right?

MYCwOPa

So when it connects, it sees itself as a secondary remote.
As you can see by the screen shots, that's the type of layout when the drone is in slave mode.
Reset it, reset drone, downgraded software, linked and relinked.
No joy.

From your screenshot above, click "Remote Controller Linking" to relink the remote controller. When prompted, choose primary remote controller. You can also follow the steps I posted in the video above.

Trouble is,
From your screenshot above, click "Remote Controller Linking" to relink the remote controller. When prompted, choose primary remote controller. You can also follow the steps I posted in the video above.

Unfortunately, I dont have the secondary remote, that's still with the seller. :/

What happens when you follow the instructions in the video above?

Reactions: Brexitor
I thought that was solely to bind a new remote.
Well, it is. But, it also allows the remote controller to be switched between master and slave.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axelous