DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could someone 3D print something similar?

UrbanPhotoSniper

Reactions
I don't have a 3D printer but how hard would it be to 3D print something similar to this that clips around the top of the battery and locks around the battery buttons on the side? Except make the top flat so a tracker could be attached and have it the same color as the Mavic.

1c585b67587b6c360662eeb49d005443.jpg

There are several people over on the rcgroups website that advertise that service. I dealt with harvcopter and was very satisfied.

Reactions: PowerT1998
I prefer @BD0G / Desmen's design for a cap flattener, over the original battery clip idea on the top post.

The reason GoPro Karma falls out of the sky is because something let the battery get loose. You do NOT want something that could accidentally squeeze on the Mavic battery latch buttons while in flight.

i seen ping a new gps tracker smaller than tile any ideas about it

I looked into ping but it's too early to tell. It doesn't track, it will only tell location if you click update in the app. So if your Mavic goes down and for some reason you can update it you'll never know. At least with trackimo it tracks it on the map.

Marco Polo trumps those GPS based trackers if flying in areas with no cell phone signal. I fly in lots of areas like that and realize it is bad to loose the Mavic Pro and even worse to loose it with a cell signal based tracker strapped aboard.

Fly with what you like and let me post my "I told you so" early

GPS antennae are near the white DJI logo over the back end of the main body. The tail cable at 6m:00s in this video is where it connects.
What makes you sure that's where the GPS antenna is? At 01:55 I see the 4 pigtails (which he calls "all these wifi connections" #sigh) but I can't figure out where any antennae are. I can find nothing that looks like the classic tan square GPS antenna. gps antenna adafruit - Google Search
2461-05.jpg

I don't have a 3D printer but how hard would it be to 3D print something similar to this that clips around the top of the battery and locks around the battery buttons on the side? Except make the top flat so a tracker could be attached

If that piece itself is 3D printed and the file can be obtained, altering the design should trivially easy. In that case the answer would be "not very hard".

If there isn't an existing design file, then it becomes more difficult. Someone is going to have to scan the Mavic, do some designing, do some test prints, etc.

The actual printing isn't necessarily the hard part.

and have it the same color as the Mavic.

The color of the final product depends on the color of the filament used. If you can find filament in a matching color, then this would be extremely easy. If you can't, then extremely difficult.

From the post, I'm not sure you really want answers to the questions you actually asked ("how hard would it be"). Perhaps you are more interested in the answer to "will somebody here make this for me", how much do you think it should cost to get a custom item like I want made" or something along those lines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown