DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crack under gimbal plate

Edward P

Reactions
I just noticed what looks like a small piece missing from below the gimbal plate. Im just now noticing it, so idk if it's normal or not.

Got a photo?

I just noticed what looks like a small piece missing from below the gimbal plate. Im just now noticing it, so idk if it's normal or not.

ab1138a75703f278e93e3f7b2ae4f700.jpg

I attached a picture.

Reactions: Mr Spock
If that gimbal plate is not loose, nothing to worry about. Did you have a crash? Im wondering how that crack got there, unless it's a manufacturing defect..

If that gimbal plate is not loose, nothing to worry about. Did you have a crash? Im wondering how that crack got there, unless it's a manufacturing defect..

I didnt have a crash. I've kept it in cases for most of her life. I'm just not sure what or how that could have gotten there. Weirdly enough the gimbal clamp also has the same sort of missing piece in the same area

Its not a crack, its just where the gimbal clamp sits against the plate when seated and has marked or scratched the serface of the gimbal plate. Nothing to worry about.

That is perfectly normal and has nothing to do with the oem gimbal clamp pushing up on the gimbal plate. That so called 'crack' isn't really a crack, it is the location where a manufacturing tab once was. During assembly, the tab is trimmed off. Same goes for the molded gimbal clamp, location of a tab during moulding process and then trimmed. @Thunder-drones, you've dealt with hundreds of Mavic, I assure you that they all have that trim location. Mine does!

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    864.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: kingbrad22
A Tab on the plate on my son's Mavic is missing. No crash. Replacing it though looks a little complicated.Good Tab.JPG Broken Tab.JPG

A Tab on the plate on my son's Mavic is missing. No crash. Replacing it though looks a little complicated.View attachment 11040 View attachment 11038

Yes, its a little complicated if you havent done it before. The 2 screws that hold on that part are on the inside which requires taking the top body off, taking out 1 screw holding in the compass, removing 3 screws that hold on the gimbal board, disconnecting at least 2 of the ribbon cables that connect from the gimbal to the gimbal board, then unscrewing the 2 screws that hold in your part. The whole job could take you 1 hour but be very very careful when disconnecting the ribbon cables, they tear like paper and are very hard to find.

Gimbal board top.jpg gimbal board side.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman