DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash scenarios so far

leesmavic

Reactions
1. RTH initiated, pilot adds yaw, OA does not see the obstacle, AC makes a side impact into an obstacle on RTH straight-to-home trajectory (think flying behind a high mountain)
2. RTH initiated below an obstacle, AC lower than RTH height, gains altitude, crashes into an obstacle above (think controlling from the bridge an under bridge flight)
3. RTH makes AC face setting sun, OA recognizes glare as an obstacle, AC raises to max height, loses too much power, unable to return (switch to sport and come home)
4. RTH initiated, AC loses GPS on its way back, lands at once. Possibly on non suitable ground
5. AC tracking actively, target moves too close to rising ground, AC faced towards target, OA does not see an obstacle, AC makes a side impact (think driving into a canyon or woods)

Any other self-destructing automation I shall account for after reading the manual and posts here on the forum?

Reactions: Colibrí
Umm. Flying around back yard burning off low battery. Unit goes into forced landing, shuts off obstacle avoidance and you crash into fence before you have chance to bring it down. Think of a rubber band at tension and someone all of a sudden lets go (shuts off oa while in front of fence).

Wow, #4 surprised me. So anytime GPS signal is lost, it just goes straight into an automatic landing? That seems like a horrible feature.

Is there a setting that would prevent that happening? Also, assuming GPS signal lost but RC was still connected, would the operator be able to take control and keep it from landing?

Wow, #4 surprised me. So anytime GPS signal is lost, it just goes straight into an automatic landing? That seems like a horrible feature.

Is there a setting that would prevent that happening? Also, assuming GPS signal lost but RC was still connected, would the operator be able to take control and keep it from landing?
In the thread I've pulled this out of RTH was initiated due to lost signal. AC did not connect to RC until crash. I believe a pilot would be able to cancel any automatic procedure including this one if in control. To be clear, when I write 'RTH initiated' I'm always referring to auto-initiation, as I see no reason using RTH when AC is under control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929