DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed - Gimbal bracket

NeilT

Reactions
It happened. I finally crashed. Clipped a cable that I thought I had cleared! My own stupidity!

First of all I think the gimbal is missing something from the front when I compare pictures.

Next, the gimbal check/calibration after powering on stops halfway through. Now I thought this might be due to a torn cable or because the bracket that it slides under has snapped.

I've opened the Mavic up and had the gimbal and plate out and can't see and cable issues however obviously I can't be sure.

I've attached pics below, is there anyway I can replace the part that the plate is supposed to slide under? If I could at least try this before sending off for repair it might save me some cash. I don't have DJI care refresh so this might end up being a costly repair.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3665.JPG
    IMG_3665.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
That part seems ok. It's the part that this but slides under that has snapped off

What have you done ? have you sent it for repair ? ive had the same problem today

Attachments

• dji gimbal problem.jpg
    dji gimbal problem.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 29
I've replied to your pm to me but for anyone else that this happened to, I sent it to DJI and theyre now repairing it replacing the whole gimbal which was damaged too. 200 euros in total which I think is a good price!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980