DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed - gimble overload

FAILURE!!!!!

i was able to replace the ribbon and damper bad...gimbal was able to calibrate and works fine...i think...but now i get no video!@!!!

I was cussing like mad...then i saw that one of the strands on the braided video cable was torn...

Question:
Would one strand of this cable cause a NO VIDEO feed????
I suppose that it could. Do you have any other messages indicating no SD card installed? If so, you may not have one of the ribbon cables properly seated in the little circuit board that the two gimbal cables go to. Did you have video before you worked on it?

no errors other than gible overload. No recording error message. YES I WATCHED ALLLLLL THE VIDEOS. I took it apart 4 times; thats when i noticed that one of the cables for the video feed was torn. I believe that the ribbon is only responsible for the gimble movements and the other is solely for video. I have already ordered a replacement from Amazon; FSLabs. Hopefully that is the problem and that one strand is what is causing the loss of video.

Is there anything else that can cause a loss if video. Initally when the ribbon was torn; i was able to receive video feeds; but i figured that the one strand that was torn was being held literally by a thread; and during the replacement process it was totally severed. and sadly these strands can

no errors other than gible overload. No recording error message. YES I WATCHED ALLLLLL THE VIDEOS. I took it apart 4 times; thats when i noticed that one of the cables for the video feed was torn. I believe that the ribbon is only responsible for the gimble movements and the other is solely for video. I have already ordered a replacement from Amazon; FSLabs. Hopefully that is the problem and that one strand is what is causing the loss of video.

Is there anything else that can cause a loss if video. Initally when the ribbon was torn; i was able to receive video feeds; but i figured that the one strand that was torn was being held literally by a thread; and during the replacement process it was totally severed. and sadly these strands can
You won't really get a message about the SD card until you try to format it. I think there's a really subtle indicator in the app. I took mine apart and out it together several times before I realized that the ribbon cable to the main processing board wasn't fully seated. It seemed to be clicked into place, but wasn't.

That camera has to stream a very large amount of data (gigabits per second) through the silver cable, but I haven't found any documents or datasheets on exactly how the cable is used. It's entirely possible that one missing wire would make it unable to initialize the camera or understand what's being fed down the other wires.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear