DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic.....so embarrassed

Next time add a small weight to the end of the string. I am sure there will be a next time since kids have a way of making us do such wonderful things! 1k is a small price to pay to be cool...:cool:

Now, since the truth is out I feel I'm safe to speak for all of us and say we NEED to see this!!

I'm in the UK so using Thunderdrones would probably be out of the question if I ever needed a repair.What I have noticed though on this forum is his willingness to help and give advice.Quite often the posts he adds are lengthy and very informative.
TOP BLOKE.[emoji106]

So. Very. Beautiful. I can only imagine what people must have said seeing that line of sh!tpaper gracefully flowing in the sky...

So...so cool looking. I was like that's awesome and then it started to spin.. OH NOOO... My heart jumped. I'm so sorry for your loss. I do hope you get it fixed or replaced soon.

Reactions: Palmax123
Took the limp bird in yesterday (Sunday) to my hobby store and they have a tech on site. Will know later today what the surgeon says. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the support and kind words guys.

Now that the shock is over I am laughing about it. I must say that this little bird is packed with a rugged body shell. Just a pity about the gimbal.

I am glad I offered a bit of entertainment over the weekend for all of you!

Cheers

Hope all go well. I can just see people on the ground wondering what that was.. It's a Kite, It's a plane, No it's the Mavic Pro....

Here it is guys via youtube.

Wow .... Now if you could have lit it on fire .... what a night shot!! Sorry about your loss. I've done many of the "Hey Guys ... Watch This" stuff that didn't turn out quite right. Expensive.

Don't know wouldn't try. Just know that I have both dji insurance and State Farm insurance .

Hi guys

Ok so today was my turn to crash my bird.

Don't ask how please.

What I need to ask is if anyone has rebuilt a mavic from scratch?

My gimbal/camera is trashed and I would rather replace all chassis/casing parts.

What are your thoughts? Where do I start to purchase all needed parts?

I was brave enough to rebuild my P3P before but this little pocket rocket is so compact that I am a bit afraid to attempt it.

Thanks for any help.

My kids asked me to try something with the Mavic........so as any dad I accepted the challenge.

They asked me to uncoil a toilet roll while send the drone up. Yes the toilet paper was attached to the drone. Needless to say they really enjoyed the site of sh1t paper go up into the sky.

All went well till I wanted to return home. Thats when the bird got tangled in the string that tied the paper and when down like a dead turd.

So thats my stupid story and it is the truth.

I will try send a shortened clip of the incident.
I personally think this is by far the best, most entertaining way to lose this bird:) Thanks for sharing, and don't be embarrassed - you're a great dad!

Reactions: james_mav
after my crash DJI would have charged me 200 dollars for the repair, which would have been worth it as like your bird the gimbal was trashed. turns out they fixed my mavic under warranty.

Reactions: grizzard
That my friend is an embarrassing story.
Next time say it as an attack from and Eagle or somethig :)

Thanks for sharing the story !

Hell yeah brother! We were flying with the Eagles, and when they came under attack from a wolverine, I flew my Mavic into them to save the Merican Bald Eagles! Yee haw! But I broke my landing gear. Anyone help?

**** yeah brother! We were flying with the Eagles, and when they came under attack from a wolverine, I flew my Mavic into them to save the Merican Bald Eagles! Yee haw! But I broke my landing gear. Anyone help?
Send it to me ... I can fix it for FREE!

Reactions: Palmax123
You manned up
My kids asked me to try something with the Mavic........so as any dad I accepted the challenge.

They asked me to uncoil a toilet roll while send the drone up. Yes the toilet paper was attached to the drone. Needless to say they really enjoyed the site of sh1t paper go up into the sky.

All went well till I wanted to return home. Thats when the bird got tangled in the string that tied the paper and when down like a dead turd.

So thats my stupid story and it is the truth.

I will try send a shortened clip of the incident.

Hi guys, ok so my birds wings are fixed. I can now collect with a bill of R10 000 South African Rands - around 800 US.

Will also need a set of blades too.

School fees are a ***** but thats how we learn.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb