DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise ships a plenty...

GlenT

Reactions
The last two evenings have been great for more cruise ship filming. Here's a couple of screen shots from the 4k footage. There are more ships due in over the next few days and I'll be making another short video. As usual, the Mavic has been performing flawlessly. A real gem to fly.Screenshot from Azamara Journey1.MP4.jpg Screenshot from Emerald Princess1.MP4 - 1.jpg

GREAT shots. You really captured these ships perfectly. Tack sharp, great colors, excellent framing with great backgrounds and foregrounds, and it looks like you used the Sun to your advantage, too, instead of fighting it. Couldn't ask for more.

There is a small fleet of ships - transport ferry boats - in my area used to take people and vehicles across the Bay separating my home state of Delaware and nearby New Jersey. I've been wanting to take my Mavic out there to capture the kinds of shots you have, but I admit to having been a bit leery about it. Your images have re-lit my fire to get those images, now that I see it is doable.

Keep it up! Love to see more when you get them.

Reactions: frankiez
GREAT shots. You really captured these ships perfectly. Tack sharp, great colors, excellent framing with great backgrounds and foregrounds, and it looks like you used the Sun to your advantage, too, instead of fighting it. Couldn't ask for more.

There is a small fleet of ships - transport ferry boats - in my area used to take people and vehicles across the Bay separating my home state of Delaware and nearby New Jersey. I've been wanting to take my Mavic out there to capture the kinds of shots you have, but I admit to having been a bit leery about it. Your images have re-lit my fire to get those images, now that I see it is doable.

Keep it up! Love to see more when you get them.
Thanks CC Rider. The ships usually come in just after Sun rise which can be cool, and leave just before Sun set. I keep an eye on the ports vessel schedule and nip down the road to one of the many great spots to launch from. You can get really close to the ships as the channel has a few narrow spots in it. Then there is a cool little beach at the point where the channel meets the South Pacific Ocean which is another favourite spot of mine.
I was using an ND8PL in the video's that these screen shots came from, but obviously that only has the best effect at the correct angle and I was flying at all sorts of angles to capture these ships. If I'm not flying I'm out on the paddle board with my son seeing some really nice ships like Paul Allen's little run about.20130209_092948.jpg

Once again, very nice work. Looks like you have some wonderful subjects to film and photograph right in your own backyard, with plenty to work with. And having the right equipment - like that invaluable ND filter you used for these shots - makes all of the difference in the world. Job well done.

But putting all of the great drone stuff aside for a moment, something tells me that the precious time you spend on the paddle board with your son looking at boats beats a day's worth of good flying every time! Enjoy every second you can with him, my friend. It goes oh, so quickly. Best to you, your son, and your family.

More shots, please, whenever you have the time!

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
Once again, very nice work. Looks like you have some wonderful subjects to film and photograph right in your own backyard, with plenty to work with. And having the right equipment - like that invaluable ND filter you used for these shots - makes all of the difference in the world. Job well done.

But putting all of the great drone stuff aside for a moment, something tells me that the precious time you spend on the paddle board with your son looking at boats beats a day's worth of good flying every time! Enjoy every second you can with him, my friend. It goes oh, so quickly. Best to you, your son, and your family.

More shots, please, whenever you have the time!
That is my sentiment exactly. I am self employed and my wife and I value quality time as a family over less important things. Being my own boss allows me to take my son on the harbour when something cool is happening or just go for an ice cream (we do that a lot) I take him to swimming lessons on a Monday morning then we go to the Botanical Gardens to feed the ducks and an ice cream. He is 4 now and off to school next month (scary). Time on this planet is way too short to not spend with loved ones. I also enjoy photography and I love capturing and recording moments we have because in the blink of an eye he'll be getting married!
Best regards to you and yours also.

Reactions: CC Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky