DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal sky or dji goggles.?

I love my CS and it is compatible with all the Mavic and M2 series. Get a 7.85 screen, don’t need top of the line as screen hoods are relatively cheap and provide screen protection when storing/transporting. I have tried the DJI mount, and others, but despite the cost I favor the PolarPro Flight Deck to mount it.

I believe that FAA regs may actually prohibit the use of DJI goggles in the U.S., and if not will absolutely require a second person to monitor the drone in flight when they are used.

Check out this thread part regarding goggle is near the end of a long post:

I agree with both Thomas B and brett8883 about the CS, smashing monitor and brilliant in sunny conditions.

I’m poor though.. I’ve only got the 5.5 but it serves me well.

My setup, PolarPro frame, Dji mount, works really well?

396BB48D-22E1-49B5-B99E-58428AF7D586.jpeg

7D7ABF8E-1FE5-4FBE-A920-E922F4B09B0B.jpeg

As far as I'm concerned, no question. Get the Crystal Sky. I have the goggles and they work great with my Mavic 2 Z and, with a cable, my Phantom 4 Pro. However, a spotter is needed when you use the goggles. It's easy to get disoriented when wearing them. My humble advice: if you get the goggles, never fly with them unless you have a reliable person with you to keep an eye on your expensive drone.

Reactions: Bobvt
Looking to buy one or the other. Both have great advantages but I’m wondering what people who have them think.!
i live in sunny arizona and a cs even with a hood can sometimes be difficult to see but the goggles are a better option for me,on the sunniest days i can see everything in great detail and now only fly with them on.

Reactions: Drone on
i live in sunny arizona and a cs even with a hood can sometimes be difficult to see but the goggles are a better option for me,on the sunniest days i can see everything in great detail and now only fly with them on.

I’ve not had any problems “yet” with my CS in sunny conditions and that’s without using a hood. Suppose I’m just lucky?

I love my CS and it is compatible with all the Mavic and M2 series. Get a 7.85 screen, don’t need top of the line as screen hoods are relatively cheap and provide screen protection when storing/transporting. I have tried the DJI mount, and others, but despite the cost I favor the PolarPro Flight Deck to mount it.

I believe that FAA regs may actually prohibit the use of DJI goggles in the U.S., and if not will absolutely require a second person to monitor the drone in flight when they are used.

You are correct. The pilot should be able to see the drone and surrounding while in flight (even with a spotter).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman