DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky compatibility with the Mavic 2 - Go 4 app doesn't seem to support it according to their website

flynsign

Reactions
Was just on DJI's Crystalsky page to list compatible quads - as of Dec. 25th 2018, they list the original Mavic Pro as being compatible, but NOT the Mavic 2!!
I just ordered the Ultra-bright so I'm a bit disappointed and confused as to why the original will work but not the newer Mavic 2 - thoughts, clarification?

Attachments

• crystalsky compatibility.jpg
    crystalsky compatibility.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 30
So why wouldn't DJI update their Crystalsky compatibility chart on their OWN website - especially after it's been several months now ???

btw, that video has been deleted or taken down.

Probably the same reason it’s so difficult to find what you’re looking for on the rest of their site. They ain’t Americans. The video wasn’t a concern so much as the thread itself.

Probably the same reason it’s so difficult to find what you’re looking for on the rest of their site. They ain’t Americans. The video wasn’t a concern so much as the thread itself.

Yes, I was hoping to read up on it, but there is no other info about my question associated with that link.

My guess is it's because they do not yet have their own DJI mounting hardware to mount the Crystalsky to the Mavic 2 remote controller. I've done it, but it takes 3rd party adapter to make it work using their older mount designed for an earlier remote control.

Last edited:
Here’s what I use. Part mavmount cs adapter and the other piece by me.46B46648-47CA-4833-A469-BF4A7E2D6BFC.jpegDC47E074-8BA6-4851-ACC2-2FC26262FDF2.jpeg

I'm using a "DJI Crystalsky Mounting Bracket Mavic Pro 2 Zoom Air Spark Remote A Plus Drone" found on eBay and THIS mount from DJI.

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edit: updated images and links

Last edited:
Was just on DJI's Crystalsky page to list compatible quads - as of Dec. 25th 2018, they list the original Mavic Pro as being compatible, but NOT the Mavic 2!!
I just ordered the Ultra-bright so I'm a bit disappointed and confused as to why the original will work but not the newer Mavic 2 - thoughts, clarification?
Hi,I use the 5.5 cs it works well from the start.When m2z and pro came out ive used it flawlessly also before that my note8 works just as well but i like a dedicated monitor so theres no interference from ph. calls and such.Dji did an update shortly after the launch of the m2 pro and zoom.

Just strange that DJI would leave tens of thousands of dollars (most likely much more than that) by neglecting to list the M2Pro/Zoom in the list of Crystalsky compatibles. Been self employed for 45+ years so I notice little things like that, ha!

Not yet having a mount to sell on their site is no reason to loose SO many sales when the aftermarket is flooded with mounts.

Last edited:
Just strange that DJI would leave tens of thousands of dollars (most likely much more than that) by neglecting to list the M2Pro/Zoom in the list of Crystalsky compatibles. Been self employed for 45+ years so I notice little things like that, ha!

Not yet having a mount to sell on their site is no reason to loose SO many sales when the aftermarket is flooded with mounts.

That's why a resource like MavicPilots is so valuable. I'd say 95% of what I know about my DJI equipment was researched here. ;-)

Some companies are a bit lax in keeping their web sites up to date. DJI is no exception. ;)

Hi - It wouks fine with mine and their are ways of adpating the offiial DJI Mount I made a couple of films on it when it was launched here is a link if you are interested
- TBH at the moment I am using the PolarPro Mountwhihc you cna get on Amazon https://amzn.to/2BJyeAH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki