DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current Part 107 Wait times April 2019

savagemic

Reactions
What is everyone seeing as far as wait times? The newest thread I've seen about wait times is from late 2018.

My current status is
4/1/19 - Submitted
4/2/2019 - Transferred to Airman Registry

Congrats man!

What was your score?

I waited about 7 business days for the "Temporary Certificate" button to appear and activate.

Reactions: savagemic
It could vary with time of year that you submit because your application goes in with all other FAA licensing and certifications. I took my test at a local university hangar at our local airport where they have a flight school and is the local FAA testing center.

When students are graduating and finishing up in spring and early summer, the system can become inundated with new manned pilots.

3/25 - Submitted
3/27 - Received By Airman Registry

Got my temp certificate about a week after I submitted the application.

Right now they are running at about 2 months until you receive your "hard copy"

Reactions: savagemic
I received my temporary certificate on Jan 31, 2019
I received my UAS Small Pilot Certificate on Friday, March 29, 2019
I received my 1st real estate paid photo shoot on Friday March 29, 2019

Right now they are running at about 2 months until you receive your "hard copy"

Sounds about right, mine was done 2/23 got my temp cert 2/28 and FAA says they are processing temp certs issued on or around 2/21. So my hard copy should be here in the next few weeks I’d imagine making it about 2 months by the time I get the hard copy

FAA Airman Registry – Complete on 4/1 so I'm assuming my license should be coming in the next 2-3 weeks?

Edit: 4/8 Received Hard copy License

Last edited:
Typically, it takes the FAA about 2-3 months to process an application for an airman certificate or rating. Your temporary certificate will still be valid for 120 days after issuance so you can start doing Part 107 PIC ops right away.

If you like, you can check the status on you certificate application on the FAA's airmen certification home page.

My license has a issued on Dec 21 2018, which is when they received the application.

I received the actual license the middle 0f march, 2019. a little less than 90 days. In the meantime I used a temporary license that was good for 120 days

It seems to take awhile

TKB

I received my temporary certificate on Jan 31, 2019
I received my UAS Small Pilot Certificate on Friday, March 29, 2019
I received my 1st real estate paid photo shoot on Friday March 29, 2019
I plan on getting a Mavic Zoom 2 in the next month or so. And, considering doing real estate work after getting my FAA certicate but I have no clue how to charge for the job. Any advice would be appreciated.

I plan on getting a Mavic Zoom 2 in the next month or so. And, considering doing real estate work after getting my FAA certicate but I have no clue how to charge for the job. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many youtube videos on people giving tips on how to start a "drone" business especially in real estate.

Id get some personal practice under your belt in terms of composition of shots of houses, etc. Work with the realtor to understand the main selling points to capture or emphasize. Charge for what you think the job is worth. I.E a very luxury realtor vs. none, etc.

Put together packages of offerings, and examples sorta like a portfolio of sorts. I have not taken a paid job yet, but have been building my photo/editing skills in the interim. A lot of differences in photography from aerial vs. ground DSLR in terms of learning to setup a shot.

I see a lot of realtors moving towards not only just pictures, but videos of exterior and interior (so if you can cover both with gear and skill you can charge a lot more) especially for the luxury houses (which often have exterior and interior videos)

Think you are are doing it for a million dollar listing you should be charging based on that and how good your video/photography skills are and the area you are in. Say LA vs Idaho.

My license has a issued on Dec 21 2018, which is when they received the application.

I received the actual license the middle 0f march, 2019. a little less than 90 days. In the meantime I used a temporary license that was good for 120 days

It seems to take awhile

TKB
There were delays around that time due to the government shutdown that occured in late 2018-2019. Now it back up the the 2-3 month time frame.

According the the airman's page FAA seems to be processing the applications quicker than previously and are already up to March 5, 2019 temp cert issues

Passed/Applied on January 22, 2022
Transferred to Airman Registry January 24, 2022
Received by Airman Registry January 31, 2022
Still waiting for next steps. FAA must be busy!

Reactions: BigAl07
Passed/Applied on January 22, 2022
Transferred to Airman Registry January 24, 2022
Received by Airman Registry January 31, 2022
Still waiting for next steps. FAA must be busy!

WELCOME to the forum :)

It's pretty much SOP to wait 2-3 weeks until you see your card arrive in the mail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix