DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that some of these people can leave the house long enough to go fly a drone with the fear some people have on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It's not fear - it's common sense and respect for their countries aviation rules and laws already in place and adherence to the NAS for that country.
Something sorely missing by many on this forum.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Call it what you will. I have respect for the aviation rules and laws of my country. I still say it's fear.

I watched the police in Abu Dhabi destroy a guys drone earlier this year... Felt so bad but these police don't ( REMOVED ) about. Illegal to use a 'camera' drone there.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Not supposed to use swear words on this forum or imply them either? Naughty Boy on his Soap Box.

So your stance (and these other ding dongs) is that the FAA has recommends safe flying practices, and you abide by them 100% of the time. Right? Well let's do this, you do what you want, and follow the rules exactly, and let every other free American do as they want. It's their choice, not yours.

They are not going to ban drones. Most of your fears are unfounded and much like the FAA there is little proof of drones causing deaths or damaging of property.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we heard your opinions, and your trolling of posts looking for a place to speak your opinion, is getting old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kykayak
Call it what you will. I have respect for the aviation rules and laws of my country. I still say it's fear.

Of course you do............. which is why you wanted to know how to set the Mavic to fly above the 400ft agl ceiling.

Again, I refer to my post above.

And so we go around a cyclic discussion yet again...........

Reactions: UAV Man
Not supposed to use swear words on this forum or imply them either? Naughty Boy on his Soap Box.

So your stance (and these other ding dongs) is that the FAA has recommends safe flying practices, and you abide by them 100% of the time. Right? Well let's do this, you do what you want, and follow the rules exactly, and let every other free American do as they want. It's their choice, not yours.

They are not going to ban drones. Most of your fears are unfounded and much like the FAA there is little proof of drones causing deaths or damaging of property.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we heard your opinions, and your trolling of posts looking for a place to speak your opinion, is getting old.

As normal 'LightSpeed' (irony i guess), you are correct it's a thread created for my own opinion and to troll.... well done you have seen through the ploy I give a **** about the thousands of pounds I've invested in drones. Sorry in future I'll title the thread morons please apply, will give you a much clearer sign to write comments.

Obviously the forum thread 'DANGEROUS DRONE FLYING' didn't give you a hint, let me explain, it's not a request, otherwise I assume you could post many videos and stories. Its too highlight a problem growing within what used to be a hobby for intelligent people.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Everything is right in the DJI go app. I don't have a need to go above the 400 ft as of now but was asking how it's done. I knew it was possible. If going above 400 ft was really a big deal, there wouldn't be an option to go above within the app. Maybe I'm in a valley and want to fly over a 400 ft hill, now I know how it's done. As for what any UAV operator does with there drone, it's up to them. I can see giving suggestions to someone who is in the wrong and doesn't know better. You should really stop spending so much time worrying about what laws every operator is breaking and more time enjoying life. If the option is in the DJI app, more and more people are going to try it, why? Because of people like you telling them they can't. Some have a reason to, some may not, but that's not up to you to decide.

Of course you do............. which is why you wanted to know how to set the Mavic to fly above the 400ft agl ceiling.

Again, I refer to my post above.

And so we go around a cyclic discussion yet again...........
As I said it has come to the conclusion as expected and discussed previously.... I've spent a few hundred quid so $$$$ you....

You should really stop worrying your life away. People are going to break rules and laws. There is nothing worrying about it can stop.

You should really stop worrying your life away. People are going to break rules and laws. There is nothing worrying about it can stop.
Your right..... FAA will handle it....

BAN DRONES!! never.... LOL maybe just the UK then.

bandrones.png

Call for drone ban over Denbighshire to stop people spying on children

If there is something for the FAA to handle then I'm sure they will. There seems to be tons of cases on YouTube. They may have to build a bunch of new jails to detain UAV pilots too.

Reactions: Q Jones
I watched the police in Abu Dhabi destroy a guys drone earlier this year... Felt so bad but these police don't fck about. Illegal to use a 'camera' drone there.
What would you expect in an Autocracy?

What would you expect in an Autocracy?
True, to be fair was a western lad so guessing if it was a local Emirati would have been a different story.

Passenger & freight airplanes/helicopters fly over heavily populated areas 24/7 365... Just saying, for perspective. And yes, I would be furious and other unspeakable characteristics if an airplane/helicopter/drone hurt my family. But I view them as about the same necessary risk for modern life to be...well modern. But again, I'll refrain from what elaborating on what I mean by "unspeakable".

We all take risks the second we start our cars or get out of bed.

Minimum height over congested areas Or in cities for any aircraft is 1,000' above the highest obstacle, or if in a rural area, 500'. Additionally if there is an airport nearby you're likely to be in a control zone in which case you need to be in contact with the tower or be on an IFR Flight Plan. We are not going to get away with un-policed rules on our side. The public as a whole used to see our drones as fun and cute little toys but now with the proliferation of sophisticated high speed and long range drones they will start seeing our toys as dangerous flying unguided missiles. The first time one of these drones bounces off a high rise building and falls on a businessman's child or wife, this will initiate both a private and a public lawsuit, a call for legislative regulation, and a requirement that we all carry expensive "drone" liability insurance. Then the manufacturer also will be subject to a new liability and will raise the cost of his product. The FAA Registration will become more complicated and expensive ... we will have to take ground school and flight school and pass both before flying. All because any 12 year old can now fly a large drone (missile) impressing his buddies as well as grown-ups are making YouTube videos that say "Hey guys, watch this" ...... it's coming sooner or later for all of us, whether we like it or not. We can possibly slow it down if we self police and fly safe, but it doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: westcoast604
This is a very passionate thread. For good reason. Thought I'd post my recent thoughts on the issue of doing the right thing, not doing the wrong thing... or whatever you call it. Not trying to stir the stink... but like I said...it's a passionate issue.

The main difference being those aircraft are required by law to maintain an acceptable level of maintenance, and are inspected and certified 'safe' but still on occasion crash. Some yahoo who doesn't care enough to obey safe flight restrictions isn't going to either know proper emergency recovery procedures or maintain his A/C in a proper state of care. Normally you don't have too many stupid pilots operating FAA certified aircraft, not so much with RC aircraft.

When a person puts their life inside an aircraft that they fly, that is one thing. It is something totally different when a techie freak of nature flies an aircraft with a remote control. IMHO, they should be allowed to fly anywhere with an understanding that crashing such toys would automatically mean being thrown form the roofs of tall buildings, without a parachute. ;)

I'll refrain from explicatives... But man there are a lot of I'll informed drone operators here. Yes you are free to ignore laws and reccomended safety protocols in our society and do as you wish but you are literally destroying our hobby and for many a means of income by doing so. In Canada we are fighting to remove some restrictions on drones less than 1 kg so they can fly low level in parks etc., but with these guys that choose to fly over densely populated areas out of line of sight, they are just making it very difficult for us to make a case that drone operators can be responsible and work within relaxed guidelines.

Perhaps they should licence the **** out of it and then that would weed out 70% of the idiots here. Sad.

What does this have to do anything? You, of all people, are well aware that the limits set in the DJI Go app are not AGL parameters. Moreover, as you so often like to point out, the rules are different in different countries, and different individuals have different limits within those countries. Don't be so petty.

Reactions: m0j0 and DroningOn
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64