DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 18.5 Beta

Some very nice new capabilities coming in Resolve 18.5.
They have also improved many of the existing functionalities.

Davinci Resolve 18.5 Beta
Looks like a pretty major revision. A lot of emphasis on the "cloud presentations" feature. I got an email inviting me to be a beta tester for the release but I'm just not into fighting with bugs. Gives me a headache just thinking about it. I'm still not using Resolve to 100% capacity anyway. There's a lot to that NLE.

Looks like a pretty major revision. A lot of emphasis on the "cloud presentations" feature. I got an email inviting me to be a beta tester for the release but I'm just not into fighting with bugs. Gives me a headache just thinking about it. I'm still not using Resolve to 100% capacity anyway. There's a lot to that NLE.
Yup, a nice piece of software that I don't use more than 2% of its potential.

Just purchased the studio and am a total noobie with it. I'm pretty skilled at LRC and PS but this is a whole different beast entirely with a huge learning curve for me, both in terms of shooting video (DLOG) and editing raw footage. From what I can see so far it's a really great tool but will take time to learn.

Just purchased the studio and am a total noobie with it. I'm pretty skilled at LRC and PS but this is a whole different beast entirely with a huge learning curve for me, both in terms of shooting video (DLOG) and editing raw footage. From what I can see so far it's a really great tool but will take time to learn.
Fortunately, there are dozens of great YouTube tutorials from good authors like MrAlexTech, Casey Faris, and Jason Yadlovski. You don't have to learn it all at once. Its steep learning curve can be incremental.

Reactions: TheGroove
I use Adobe Premiere Pro but have been thinking of switching to Davinci Resolve due to price considerations. The only thing preventing me from making the leap is that the video stabilization tools are so good in Premiere Pro. I wonder how effective the video stabilization tools in Resolve 18.5 are?

Not having used PP for years, I can't compare. However, Resolve 18 comes in a free version which you can try/compare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard