DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

So like all of you I was getting this error on my iPad mini2. Super choppy feed. I came up with an easy (temporary fix) though. Worked great.

I noticed the iPad was crazy hot, so I figured I'd cool it down.

1. Get a ziplock bag
2. Fill it with ice
3. Rest the iPad on the bag of ice.

It worked flawlessly once I did that.

Man I'm.doing the same thing. I have a custom made holder where I can slide a soft icepack into and I have a small towel between the iPad and the pack. It stays cold for hours even in hot wether outside. Condensation has not been a problem.
It's mounted on a tripod. It's definitely an app issue because nothing changed on my setup except the DJI go app. I.hope there is an update coming. App still unusable on Android.

Reactions: royalhghnss
I stopped reading this particular thread a while back (because people were basically guessing) but just realised it's still going.

I had this issue on an iPad mini 4, and all I did was reset the iPad.

Obviously the recent iterations of the DJI Go 4 app aren't playing well with resources, and DJI presumably will need to make their application more efficient in time, once they themselves realise it's an issue only seen by their application.

I haven't had the problem reoccur since I reset the iPad (hold down home and power button til it restarts).

If I've missed something in this thread that debunks this for other users, I'll stand corrected.

Today I watched an interesting video by "Drone Valley" about devices we use to fly our drones. It explains why some of the problems we have with the dji go 4 app exists.
It's an interesting video to view, and to me, a must watch if your not using the CrystalSky dji's dedicated monitor.
"The Real Reason Your Device Won't Run DJI Go4 and How To Fix It"
I hope this helps!!!

We'll I did the update 2 days ago of iOS 11 Public Beta 4. It was crazy as I was 30 seconds away from hitting the button too take my iPhone 6 Plus back down to iOS 10.3.3, when I checked for a iOS updated and there it was. We'll getting back to DJI stuff.

This update of iOS 11 Public Beta 4, so far has resolved my issues of Device CPU Fully Loaded and disconnect issues. I've done about 4 flights with it and I noticed there I am no longer feeling the iPhone becoming hot and no more jittery video along with the dreaded Device CPU Fully Loaded and disconnects have not occurred.

If you decide to pull the trigger on iOS 11 Public Beta 4, back up your phone prior so you can revert back if needed.

Good Luck

Reactions: SteveM
Hello,
Almost 2 months have passed now since I had this problem for the first time. Currently I'm using DJI GO 4 (4.1.5) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3 and I haven't experienced this problems again (I also have the latest firmware on the birth).

I'm on vacations and I intend to fly it every single day, so let's hope it's fixed.

I've noted though, through Airdata, that this messages were shown when I had bad GPS signal. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but it's a start. What do you think?

Take care.

ps: for this post ignore notification D (to be honest I didn't noticed on the field, and it never happened again) and G (I have another post about this).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.13.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.47.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.56.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 23.48.56.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hmmm.... it absolutely is a Go4 issue. I'm not flying with IOS until they fix it. Nvidia Shield is perfect and while I prefer the iOS experience up to the last update I will just update until the problem is fixed. I was about to throw my mini in the dumpster this morning.

Delete the App do a proper reset of the IPad then reinstall the app. That should fix it.

I doesn't .

I did that. Had the same problem today. Pretty unusable for me.

So now I'm guessing. I'm thinking that it has something to do with heat and the device. I have my mini in a case. Never take it out. Might take it out and see if I can fly more than one battery. Last night with the temps in the 70s after dark I had no issues. Today at noon one battery then I was getting the error and choppy video.

I stopped reading this particular thread a while back (because people were basically guessing) but just realised it's still going.

I had this issue on an iPad mini 4, and all I did was reset the iPad.

Obviously the recent iterations of the DJI Go 4 app aren't playing well with resources, and DJI presumably will need to make their application more efficient in time, once they themselves realise it's an issue only seen by their application.

I haven't had the problem reoccur since I reset the iPad (hold down home and power button til it restarts).

If I've missed something in this thread that debunks this for other users, I'll stand corrected.
I think the problem you have will not be as problematic as it will for Mini 2 users because your processor is faster.

I think the problem you have will not be as problematic as it will for Mini 2 users because your processor is faster.

Yeah, definitely a possibility, especially given how much work the app makes the device do (a good depiction of this is in the Drone Valley video posted earlier). Gladly I haven't had an issue since, but that said, since I experienced it once my OCD has me resetting the device after firmware or software updates, even though I don't necessarily need to.

Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware (.800) and everything went well (I usually keep my firmware updated).
But today I've experienced a strange behaviour, this message: "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" was shown more than once and for the first time. I don't know if it's related, I guess so, but my video stream (to the controller) was laggy and sometimes stayed stucked for a few long seconds.

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks.

ps: DJI GO 4 (4.1.2) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.
I've used a memory clean app but nothing changed...
Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware (.800) and everything went well (I usually keep my firmware updated).
But today I've experienced a strange behaviour, this message: "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" was shown more than once and for the first time. I don't know if it's related, I guess so, but my video stream (to the controller) was laggy and sometimes stayed stucked for a few long seconds.

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks.

ps: DJI GO 4 (4.1.2) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.
I've used a memory clean app but nothing changed...
You apple users should know this by now. Apple decreases your older model devices hardware capabilities slowly with every update as a marketing scam. Nothing physically is wrong with your device but Apple dont want you to use it for a long time so they can sell you the same device again under a new case. My Ipad air 2 was more than capable to use inspire 1 on second control. Now it is slower than my samsung note 4. You do the math if you know math.

Had this pop up just on sunday, i booted up my ipad, started the mavic and rc, opened dji go 4 and within 20 seconds it said the cpu warning message. Didnt notice the video doing anything weird, i just turned it on to fiddle with my camera settings. Its something on the dji app, never seen this before since i have flown with my mini 4. I had no other apps open just go4. Any idea whats going on yet? Google search shows this problem all over.

Reactions: SteveM
Had this pop up just on sunday, i booted up my ipad, started the mavic and rc, opened dji go 4 and within 20 seconds it said the cpu warning message. Didnt notice the video doing anything weird, i just turned it on to fiddle with my camera settings. Its something on the dji app, never seen this before since i have flown with my mini 4. I had no other apps open just go4. Any idea whats going on yet? Google search shows this problem all over.
I have had the same issue. After googling a lot it seems like DJI changed the app a few releases ago to optimise for iPhone 7. But this puts too much stress on other devices. CPU heats up and so device slows down to protect itself. Haven't seen a definitive solution yet. Some people say turning off background app refresh and airplane mode can help. Turning of video caching will lighten load - but not ideal. The only solution I have told my wife is for me to get an iPhone X ;-)

Im having the same issue. so if i go to the trouble of rolling back DJi go 4 which versions dont have this problem??

Im having the same issue. so if i go to the trouble of rolling back DJi go 4 which versions dont have this problem??
Delete the go 4 app and reinstall it. I have had this happen on the Ipad Mini 2, and 4, and the Iphone 8+ now. After a certain number/flight time It starts throwing this error. Personally I think there is an errata in the Go 4 app where unaddressed memory allocation, unanswered try/catch block, or some cache which doesn't clear at shut down. Gets to the point where it starts interfering with the app causing the error message. A fresh re-install seems to clear the problem for a time. I sure hope they address/fix it soon because nothing is more madding then being 6 inches off of a flowing river with open water trying to get a cool shot and this message pops up and the app starts acting all wonky..

You apple users should know this by now. Apple decreases your older model devices hardware capabilities slowly with every update as a marketing scam. Nothing physically is wrong with your device but Apple dont want you to use it for a long time so they can sell you the same device again under a new case. My Ipad air 2 was more than capable to use inspire 1 on second control. Now it is slower than my samsung note 4. You do the math if you know math.

LOL! I think you mean to say that old stuff gets outdated. could just be that the software is improved to take advantage of the newer faster processors, so the slower processors suffer. Try to run software designed for windows 95 on windows 10, it usually works better on windows 95. Just like software for windows 10 doesnt work on windows 95.

I know some of you update dodgers still run windows 95....... :D

Was under the impression that you iOS uses didnt have any problems and the Go4 app was perfect on your devices.
Thank goodness it works perfect on my Android.

In addition to deleting the go4 app and reinstalling it I found this worked for me.. following the advice in these two videos..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569