DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device do you use to fly mavic pro

I am a newbie; I am a dedicated Android user but I have an iPad so I can face-time with the grandkids. I started using the iPad as the display simply because of the size of the screen.
Are use the same thing. I’ve tried numerous android devices and never had any luck with the mall trying to use DJ I go.

I love my iPad but lately I’ve been using my DJI goggles. It’s nice not having to hold a big tablet on your RC. All I need is my goggles and my RC and I am good to go. Best part is the instantly connect wirelessly. No more having to plug-in a phone or a tablet to the RC. I love it. No more trying to pan the camera up-and-down with the dial. Wherever I turn my head up down left right the camera turns instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero1981
I use 2, Samsung Tab Pro 8.4" and a Samsung S7 Edge. Both work great for me, neither one is rooted.

I use the Moverio BT-300 AR Glasses when flying the Mavic all of the time. I use an Ipad mini as reserve for those rare occasions if I was to need a backup device. But "touch wood" the Moverio has worked flawlessly for over a year now. Having a large screen displayed in front of you whilst also being able to keep LoS on the Mavic is a most immersive experience

I use the Moverio BT-300 AR Glasses when flying the Mavic all of the time. I use an Ipad mini as reserve for those rare occasions if I was to need a backup device. But "touch wood" the Moverio has worked flawlessly for over a year now. Having a large screen displayed in front of you whilst also being able to keep LoS on the Mavic is a most immersive experience

That is too cool I wanted to get those but they are not cheap.

Was using an IPad mini, worked OK but batt life on it was not that great. I bit the bullet and got a CrystalSky 7.8, love it.

I had bad results using a note 4. Same with galaxy tab S. And a couple other android tabs. My iPhone 7 works perfectly. So I just bought the newest version of the iPad. Apple devices are the easiest to use with the dji go app. If you are really good with computers, you might be able to get a cheap android tablet and root it and do whatever they do to make it work. But I’d rather just plug and play away. There’s a reason they sell DJI products in Apple stores. They are designed for use with one of another.
The note 4 and Galaxy tab s both run on 5.1 which are way to slow to keep up with the GO4 app. Any Android device that runs 7.0 Nought and up work great. Have 7.1 on my note8 and 7.0 on the Dragontouch V10 and have never had an app crash nor have they had any lag

What device do you use to fly mavic pro? I've been using a note 4 to fly my mavic, but my note 4 hasn't been working well with the the app. I'm look to buy a android device or ios. Any recommendations?

I use a Honor 5X and a Pixel but the Honor 5x runs litchi and Go a lot better than my pixel and that phone was like 100$

I have a samsung s7 Works great I have also an iPad mini 4 and love the big screen, fits on controller and never has a app crash o disconnect

Im using the iPad Mini4 and the Galaxy S8 + , both work awesomely. Running both on the latest up to date firmware on Aircraft and controller and latesy software on DJI Go4 app. Smooth and clear .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky