DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Devices to replace phone

harmonix234

Reactions
Will an nvidia shield work to be my screen?
Can anyone recommend a device as I am not partial to have my phone be slaved.

Work and life commitments have me answering emails and ticket almost regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You can find a list of recommended devices here.

Not sure about having distractions while flying a drone, be it people, emails or phone calls. I'm not sure I'd get any pleasure from flying whilst half expecting distractions.

I was looking at deals on unlocked phones on Amazon today. All of them are Android based, but some looked pretty decent for $150-200. MotoX was one of them from what I can remember. I may look into getting one once I receive my Mavic and get tired of always plugging my phone into it. :) I was also looking at the new iPad Minis, but they are pretty expensive and don't have GPS (unless it's a carrier version).

I was looking at deals on unlocked phones on Amazon today. All of them are Android based, but some looked pretty decent for $150-200. MotoX was one of them from what I can remember. I may look into getting one once I receive my Mavic and get tired of always plugging my phone into it. :) I was also looking at the new iPad Minis, but they are pretty expensive and don't have GPS (unless it's a carrier version).

Just curious why you would need GPS? I plan to use a tablet and I believe unless you plan to reset the "home" location or want to download real time the maps (rather than cashe them), you don't need internet. Not understanding about the GPS though, is that just for ref info, but not mandatory for interfacing?

Yeah, that is my concern about not having a device with GPS. I want to have the option to reset my home location, just in case. Im not worried about having the internet though because I can cache the maps. My plan if I went with a tablet/iPad was to just use a hotspot from my phone to have the GPS/Internet as needed.

Not understanding about the GPS though, is that just for ref info, but not mandatory for interfacing?
The mobile device must have GPS if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to the current location of the mobile device after taking off. If you don't need to use those features, then you don't need a mobile device with GPS.

Will an nvidia shield work to be my screen?
Can anyone recommend a device as I am not partial to have my phone be slaved.

Work and life commitments have me answering emails and ticket almost regularly.
Hopefully, you do not plan to answer emails and tickets while actively flying your drone. :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78