Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did anyone tried Neewer PL+ND filters?

Lohmatij

Reactions
Hi.

I stumbled upon this filter package on eBay, and wondering if anyone tried it:
Neewer Multi-coated 6 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Quadcopter

As far as I know only PolarPro and Freewell offer combined ND+PL filters, but those are MUCH more expensive than this set. Neewer seems NOT to pass the camera calibration, but I'm thinking of buying this set and using only PL filters for those rare cases when you need them.

Anyone has any ideas how good/bad this filters perform image quality-wise?

Used them. They work fine. Only issue I have is I have to install them after I turn on the mavic and the humble initializes.

That's exactly what I had to do with the set I got direct from China. They looked exactly like the DJI set and I thought maybe they were from the manufacturer who makes them for DJI. If I try to put them on before the gimbal initialized they caused the camera to hang up when it's going thru it's self test.

I ended up buying a set of PolarPro vivid collection filters.

Reactions: Sevier456
They really make the image clearer. The polarized doesn't do the exact same as the regular Nd filter, it blocks glare and reflection on objects and water. The regular Nd makes the colors crisper, the sky bluer and softens the sun's glare

This is Nd8pl
9bb813ae3fadf94afb48b2296a2776ac.jpg

I bought a set because they were cheap and claimed the gimbal would initialize with them fitted which it won't, so I returned them and got the Tacos.

I don't really see the point of polarisers on a drone since you would have to decide before taking off which polarization to allow/block in order to orient the filter, which I don't see any practical way to do in most situations.

So yeah, I'd recommend against them. Forcing filters onto a turned on tiny fragile gimbal whilst overpowering it's motors with your hands seems a really bad idea to me - maybe it'll cope with it OK but I didn't want to find out the expensive way that it wouldn't

Just to bump this thread, i've just ordered the following to try, only £15.99 (UK) for three as opposed to £75 for the polar pro's vivid collection, these ones are designed to pass gimbal calibration and are multicoated to reduce flare etc. if they are any good i'll have saved a decent amount, if they are crap i'll only have wasted £15.99. I'll update this thread when they arrive and give them a review with test images.

Reactions: Mavic Schwa
Just to bump this thread, i've just ordered the following to try, ...

[X] Interest piqued
[ ] Link to whatever was 'following'

Reactions: Mavic Schwa
Hello, as promised, an update. I received my Neewer filters the other day but have just got round to trying them. I have no other filters to compare them to so my knowledge of them is limited, however, you can check the sample still images (from video) i've taken straight off the mavic, and i will upload a sample video too. I have not edited anything to do with the image, and the video is my first time using Davinci Resolve so i'm on a massive learning curve with that too! Anyway, i can't complain at all for a set of filters that cost me £15.99, and i think they will certainly do me for now.

The filters...
35562734231_55888acd2a_b.jpg

35653846826_93c4e8a558_b.jpg

Sample images...
34852068494_66dbc9196c_b.jpg

34852070194_6a27185826_b.jpg

Video sample

Reactions: Mavic Schwa and DSI
Will the gimbal pass it's initialization/startup routine WITH these filters on? Or do you have to put them on AFTER the gimbal initializes?

I used the PolarPro ND32/PL for this video. No color grading.

Very happy to see another pilot’s opinion of these filters. I recently ordered mine from eBay and they are taking their time to arrive. I hope they perform well enough for bright summers here in Florida. Otherwise I’m out $15, big whoop. PolarPro is great but overpriced.

I have a Pl 2-4-8-16-32. And have been very happy with them. No issues with gimbal overload.

its no good if you've got to keep taking them on and off the little camera before it calibrates

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke