DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Differences between firmware

Suren

Reactions
So i noticed a difference between the FW i was on which is 0601 and the newly released firmware 0600, released yesterday. Below is my findings which is not much but might be substantial:

1. On 0601 - GPS lock is a few seconds faster - gets a full homepoint in 45 seconds
2. 0600 - GPS full lock takes 60 seconds- not much different
3. On 0601 - I have 3 x Zoom in Normal mode, not explore mode (see picture of proof) whereas in 0600 it is still 2X Zoom
4. On 0601 - I can tak off and fly without having to go to 7 meters and hovering for a few seconds to ensure precision landing is accurate but with 0600 i have to do this. 601 FW is spot on everytime
5. 0601 - My 28X Zoom seems more focused adn clearer when compared to 0600 FW

Maybe these will be resolved in a future FW but i am staying on 0601 FW because to me its better.

IMG_1527.PNG

So i noticed a difference between the FW i was on which is 0601 and the newly released firmware 0600, released yesterday. Below is my findings which is not much but might be substantial:

1. On 0601 - GPS lock is a few seconds faster - gets a full homepoint in 45 seconds
3. On 0601 - I have 3 x Zoom in Normal mode, not explore mode (see picture of proof) whereas in 0600 it is still 2X Zoom
4. On 0601 - I can tak off and fly without having to go to 7 meters and hovering for a few seconds to ensure precision landing is accurate but with 0600 i have to do this. 601 FW is spot on everytime

Maybe these will be resolved in a future FW but i am staying on 0601 FW because to me its better.

View attachment 145668

Were there two updates? I updated this morning and still had 2X zoom in the normal camera.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001

Regarding #1: why would they throttle it back? Faster acquisition is better, right? . . . #5 is very interesting. Suren which zoom lens do you have (the round or oval)? There have been test done on the two lenses and the oval is definitely better resolution. Maybe DJI is trying to scale back the resolution to avoid 'backlash' . . . ?

There have been test done on the two lenses and the oval is definitely better resolution.
Incorrect. Osita had professionals test the two versions of the 7x telephoto camera. The round version was only slightly better by a minuscule amount, but had a slightly larger FOV.

Regarding #1: why would they throttle it back? Faster acquisition is better, right? . . . #5 is very interesting. Suren which zoom lens do you have (the round or oval)? There have been test done on the two lenses and the oval is definitely better resolution. Maybe DJI is trying to scale back the resolution to avoid 'backlash' . . . ?
Not sure why they would do that but still 60 seconds is better then what it was I have the round lens,

Can you see a noticeable difference in focus and clarity at 7x, or anything less than the full 28x? 28x is great for accurately setting focus before using the 7x telephoto.

Can you see a noticeable difference in focus and clarity at 7x, or anything less than the full 28x? 28x is great for accurately setting focus before using the 7x telephoto.
At 7X it looks very clear to my four eyes 🤣( I use glasses)

To my untrained eye it does look better, I was amazed at how sharp it actually looked even at 10X
You wouldn't happen to have any before and after comparisons of the same image, say one you already shot on the January update, or even the 0600 update, and reshot now on the 0601 FW?

You wouldn't happen to have any before and after comparisons of the same image, say one you already shot on the January update, or even the 0600 update, and reshot now on the 0601 FW?
No sorry I did not take any pictures

Incorrect. Osita had professionals test the two versions of the 7x telephoto camera. The round version was only slightly better by a minuscule amount, but had a slightly larger FOV.
I should have said unscientific tests . . . I wasn't aware of that test. I did a search for a post (under Osita) and could not find it. Can you link it? I just want to be knowledgeable when speaking to these issues.

I should have said unscientific tests . . . I wasn't aware of that test. I did a search for a post (under Osita) and could not find it. Can you link it? I just want to be knowledgeable when speaking to these issues.
Found this
I had no idea
So the change just happened?
And if you got the round bummer! :oops:
Oval yes! Thumbswayup
Oval_Better.png

Found this
I had no idea
So the change just happened?
And if you got the round bummer! :oops:
Oval yes! Thumbswayup
View attachment 145673
You missed the follow up testing he is referring to having done by others more qualified to do so. In those tests, the original round lens had a slightly larger FOV and was a tiny bit sharper, but not statistically significant. Lenses are basically the same. However, if you have to pick one over the other, the original round one is slightly better, especially if FOV is important to you.

"Well, after resolution test, the results in MTF50 as follows. (higher is better)
Oval diaphragm Mavic 3 horizonal 0.351cy/pxl vertical 0.291cy/pxl
Circle diaphragm Mavic 3 horizonal 0.365cy/pxl vertical 0.292cy/pxl
It was so close, but we found the circle one has wider FOV."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13