DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disappointed - New Pano Mode

I'm actually happy with the pano mode . Here's a pic I took the other day in cali
ce1374880f5b171b7983de32fe136216.jpg

New Go4 update out with revisions to pano mode, maybe they fixed the exposure issues? Anyone test yet?

With all of the problems with the Mavic pano mode with exposure, is the best way right now to manually take each shot and duplicate the whole process manually?

As some other posters have commented, the new pano mode while "fast" ... doesn't give enough time for the camera to compensate for exposure ...

Just got back from a trip to Northern California. Flew my Mavic out over the SS Palo Alto. Now I'm a new pilot, and still a little cautious on every flight (not a bad thing) ... but this was my first time flying it off a cliff and over the ocean.

First, glad I've been reading this forum for a long time, and understood that my vertical height was from the take-off point, not over the area I was flying. I took off about 100 feet from the cliff from the picture, and so probably was 300 plus feet about the ocean ..

So first question ... how do you know how high you are above the terrain you're flying ... educated guess since the app/drone is not telling you.

Second question ... as you can see the exposure is absolutely horrible from the speed the Mavic pano mode is taking images ... I recently have purchased the Lichi app ... but haven't used it enough to feel comfortable flying it in this situation since this was my first time outside of flat Arizona. So anyway to "slow" down the Pano mode so it has time to adjust for the exposures?

Horrible results below ...

SS Palo Alto
I've noticed the same. I tried manual and it looks heaps better. I'm waiting for an updated firmware fix....

You can change the exposure between shots. You only get a second to do this so you have to know exactly what you want the exposure to be and hope your scrolling if the exposure is precise enough to ger that exact exposure. Just scroll the wheel on the right side of the controller to get the right exposure number. I have only been able to do this correctly s few times out the many times trying.

Even after updating the firmware v01.04.0400 and DJI, I took the test today and all the images were over exposed...

Image exemple:
Google Maps

Please plase DJI look at this issue and fix it in next firmware

Last edited:
Reactions: hopeless128
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members