DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnection

Davidwh

Reactions
My brand new Mavic (combo) hopefully will be arriving tomorrow and I have one issue that has been troubling me the many stories of the app crashing and as a result the loss of control. What is the best procedure if this scenario happens. Should the RC still function or will this stop when the app crashes. I believe that as long that the RTH has been set before flight (with a decent altitude set also) thinks should be ok. The 3 second auto RTH should kick in if the RC connection or wifi signal is lost. Am I missing something or have I got it correct. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am getting more anxious the closer to the arrival date than getting excited as I should be.....

My brand new Mavic (combo) hopefully will be arriving tomorrow and I have one issue that has been troubling me the many stories of the app crashing and as a result the loss of control. What is the best procedure if this scenario happens. Should the RC still function or will this stop when the app crashes. I believe that as long that the RTH has been set before flight (with a decent altitude set also) thinks should be ok. The 3 second auto RTH should kick in if the RC connection or wifi signal is lost. Am I missing something or have I got it correct. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am getting more anxious the closer to the arrival date than getting excited as I should be.....
you have it right, the RC will still work, it is just startaling when all your telemetry data blinks out or goes blank. You can still pilot it home or hit RTH and you should be fine.
Regards,
-d.

ok many thanks...so I think I will put a reminder label on the RC to remind me to check the home point and safe altitude.......I might be able to sleep a bit easier ready for the long awaited big day....thanks again.

Should the RC still function or will this stop when the app crashes.
Yes. Unless you're flying in some type of automated flight mode, the Mavic will always respond to the remote controller sticks while it's connected to the remote controller.

If the DJI GO app and/or your mobile device crashes, just restart the mobile device and/or DJI GO and it'll reconnect to the Mavic mid-flight if all is well after the restart.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM