DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance

Ez_Thug

Reactions
What's the furthest distance you've taken your Mavic Pro and how strong was your signal / reception?

Last edited:
Only had enough ***** to take mine 1 mile out, while I was in Apollo Beach a few weeks ago. I was at a friends house and his back desk is right on the bay so one evening I was trying to catch up to a cruise ship that was sailing out to sea from Tampa via the Bay. Long story short, the Mavic was still holding it's signal really strong but it's so small that I thought one of the pelicans that fly around the bay would take it out. My downlink video and connection was stable, I had more than enough battery to catch the ship but my courage was weak.

I took mine out 8000 ft in the suburbs of Chicago, lost signal, panicked, got a signal back a minute later when she was coming back home all by herself. There are tons of trees and houses. If you have clear line of sight I'm sure the only limitation would be battery not signal.

Reactions: Ez_Thug
2.7 km over the see. I started to see pixelation on the screen and probably lag and for a moment it lost image transmission. I felt that was the farthest it could go.

4km (video is on JoeTjoep)
785e8b377fb30c116ed6de5439b4d6ff.jpg

Last week 1.4 miles i had full video feed but was losing RC my take off point was low and in a ring of trees. I am surprised the RC stayed so strong for as long as it did. It was open land all the way with more to go. At the point i got the red RC signal lost i turned round. There were also a lot of electric pylons running across the path. When it said RC lost i still had control though and managed to turn her and fly her back. i got RC lock again around 60 secs into the flight back. Although it was showing no bars with a red warning the RC dropped out very fast from 4 bars to zero in around a minute.

Total flight was 3.4 miles round trip no sport mode it took just over 11 minutes to do the 3 mile return journey.

April i will take a Mavic to one island with open sea and no planes anywhere withing range and maybe see if i can reach the other island. I am not sure i am that brave though. i might try for two miles only if there is no winds and a perfect day.

I took mine out 8000 ft in the suburbs of Chicago, lost signal, panicked, got a signal back a minute later when she was coming back home all by herself. There are tons of trees and houses. If you have clear line of sight I'm sure the only limitation would be battery not signal.
We all know it can fly 8000 feet! Why risk it again over houses?

1.3 miles and 100% signal and video strength

I got 16,746 ft max distance (5,100 meters) and a total mileage of 33,684 ft (10,250 meters) very easily.RC and video signal was rock solid all the way and I landed with 32% battery.Next time I'm going for the 20,000 ft mark.
Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

Last edited:
I got 16,746 ft max distance (5,100 meters) and a total mileage of 33,684 ft (10,250 meters) very easily.RC and video signal was rock solid all the way and I landed with 32% battery.Next time I'm going for the 20,000 ft mark.
View attachment 8923
That was a nice one. How about the Wind ?considering the battery you could probably have done 3000ft more on each direction with no major issues.
I'm just really curious about the wind :)

I flew exactly 3 miles down the beach before RTH came on due to battery. I had 100% trans signal still, and 77% camera signal. Landed with 2 minutes left. Very pleased and impressed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan