DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance

*UPDATE*
With VPS,Obstacle Avoiding and recording off,I made another run.As you can see below,I reached 6 kilometers very easy and returned with 25% battery.Next time,I must find the balls for the 7 km mark....Keep in mind that this is the CE version which is not supposed to go beyond 4 kilometers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ez_Thug
Over 15000 feet. I was testing the led lights. I could see them for about 2 miles. Still had 62% battery when the Mavic told me to turn around. I usually listen. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: Ez_Thug and cdileo
That's how much power the bird is using at that particular time. When you're flying full force it's usually 80%-95% for me. What does power mean? I guess I'd have to read up on it more.

At that particular time in my flight I was stopped and clicking on the picture button on my Ipad mini 4l so using a lot less power.

Over 15000 feet. I was testing the led lights. I could see them for about 2 miles. Still had 62% battery when the Mavic told me to turn around. I usually listen. :)

How'd you get the Mavic to go that far without a signal lost?

How'd you get the Mavic to go that far without a signal lost?
I was essentially line of sight. It is very flat in Omaha, Nebraska!

Don't go behind trees, hills, buildings, etc. The stock Mavic can go as far as 5 miles.

I took mine out 8000 ft in the suburbs of Chicago, lost signal, panicked, got a signal back a minute later when she was coming back home all by herself. There are tons of trees and houses. If you have clear line of sight I'm sure the only limitation would be battery not signal.
8000 feet over the suburbs of North America's fourth largest city eh?

I know some of you guys don't like it when he post but Grey Wolf brings up a good point and for good reason.
Please follow the regulations/laws/guidelines for your part of the planet so we can all continue to enjoy the freedoms we have.

Just a reminder, if you live in the USA the FAA has given us these safety guidelines...
  • Fly at or below 400 feet
  • Keep your UAS within sight
  • Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
  • Never fly over groups of people
  • Never fly over stadiums or sports events
  • Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
  • Never fly under the influence
  • Be aware of airspace requirements
SOURCE: Fly for Fun

Today I stop using the Sport mode and I got my longest flight.
9.47Km total distance in the country side, about 50Km away from Sao Paulo.
I´m using Lichi, and I can´t go beyond 2.2Km distance because I lose signal.
I notice there is a way to customize the channel in litchi, can this help with the signal lost issue ?
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones long flight

And this below is the one I lost signal for about 20seconds and had to use the RTH function.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Thanks,

I hope this doesn't give Grey Wolf a heart-attack, but there are companies making and selling range extenders for the sole purpose of flying the mavic up to 6.25 miles away.

Personally, I see no problem with this as long as you're not near people or buildings/cars that could be damaged. If you want to take risks with your mavic without risking others' health or property, go for it. I'm not sure why you would want to fly so far away, other than just to say "I did it." Then again, I don't understand why people climb mountains, but if that's your thing, then more power to ya.

NanoSync Range Extender.jpg

How do you get the percentage of power readout to show up? I've never seen that setting.

I noticed the power meter for the first time when I started using the iPad Mini 4. I never saw it on my Galaxy S7 phone, so maybe it's just an Apple IOS thing ? I haven't used the Galaxy since the the latest firmware/software update, so maybe it was changed at some point in a new version - not sure.

I hope this doesn't give Grey Wolf a heart-attack, but there are companies making and selling range extenders for the sole purpose of flying the mavic up to 6.25 miles away.

Personally, I see no problem with this as long as you're not near people or buildings/cars that could be damaged. If you want to take risks with your mavic without risking others' health or property, go for it. I'm not sure why you would want to fly so far away, other than just to say "I did it." Then again, I don't understand why people climb mountains, but if that's your thing, then more power to ya.

View attachment 9768
I have a signal booster kit on my Inspire but I don't use it for range. I use it for signal strength if I'm flying where there could be a lot of RF interference such as rebarb and other metals.
And with both my Inspire and Mavic, I wouldn't dream of flying without liability insurance.
It's relatively cheap and excellent peace of mind should the drone fall on property or people!

I have a signal booster kit on my Inspire but I don't use it for range. I use it for signal strength if I'm flying where there could be a lot of RF interference such as rebarb and other metals.
And with both my Inspire and Mavic, I wouldn't dream of flying without liability insurance.
It's relatively cheap and excellent peace of mind should the drone fall on property or people!
I do like this response!

Reactions: flabombarda

View attachment 9768

Dude, that's awesome !!! Where do you purchase this and how is it used ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto