DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji app video editing

boybehindacamera

Reactions
Hi all flying people,

The app is infuriating me, I am trying to edit a simple fun video on my iPhone to send on for somebody..

After understanding how it appears to work I can't get rid of the incessant beeping of the drone, I have the generic music playing but the beeps can be heard.. I have turned down the volume so that just the music plays but when saved it reverts back.

Please help!!

Maybe cut off mic in your phone .

Go into the volume settings and turn it down via the editor.. then next time you open your drone portion of that app shut off the recording in the settings

Yea that too :oops:

Each frame you need to click the mic icon and drag to zero or all the way left. That will mute the audio for your final comp. then go to the app and turn off the record audio setting.

Thanks guys but sometimes the beep goes and sometimes not.

I drag the sound volume down when editing but it's doesn't seem to save..

And where is the setting so that it doesn't record these sounds?
you can just go to your phone settings app manager and permissions and just switch off the DJI go permissions for audio.

if you want to stream live just turn it back on again

edited to say you can also do it in the DJI go 4 app when you are connected it is also in the settings menu i am not quite sure where play with it, it wont be hard to find.

Thanks guys but sometimes the beep goes and sometimes not.

I drag the sound volume down when editing but it's doesn't seem to save..

BoyBehindACamera, I know just what you mean. I updated the app the other day and this is now happening to me, like you. Not sure if it is the update or that I missed a step when I typed out these instructions. I do longer videos instead of smaller clips. I record a flight, open the app and make clips of my footage. Here are my instructions that I have in my notes:
  1. From “album” select video(s) or photo(s)
  2. Click “Clip”, create clips from source
  3. Click “Create Movie” will give you the individual clips
  4. Put in my transitions, click on / between clips
  5. Adjust background noise volume, click on pencil next to clip > volume, slider to 0%, hit checkmark
  6. Choose music
  7. Choose filter, if necessary
  8. Choose text
  9. Complete, wait for 100%
  10. Go to camera roll, upload to iMovie
I tried swapping #5 & #8 & continue with #9 & 10. I can still hear rotors in footage.

So I tried it again, after doing volume as #8 I hit the save icon then complete. Rotor sound still there.

I finally figured it out on the next try. I come from an IT background. It seems every time I hit "save" in the app I had this crazy idea that it would overwrite the file by saving the new file like it does with computers. Wrong, it does not. The save icon is more of an "apply" type of save. Then when you are done with all of your changes you have to hit the "Complete" again.

So my new instructions look like this for longer videos that need to be clipped:
  1. From “album” select video(s) or photo(s)
  2. Click “Clip”, create clips from source
  3. Click “Create Movie” will give you the individual clips
  4. Put in my transitions, click on / between clips
  5. Adjust background noise volume, click on pencil next to clip > volume, slider to 0%, hit checkmark
  6. Choose music
  7. Choose filter, if necessary
  8. Choose text
  9. Complete, wait for 100%, if you need to make changes at this stage you'll have to hit "Complete" again
  10. Go to camera roll

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark