DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI AIR 3 RC 2 FLY APP VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH triggers RTH?

danCER

Reactions
I looked in the DJI Air 3 Manual and all it says about the VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH indicator (Top right of FLY APP) is that it "dispalys the VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH
between the aircraft and the RC 2."
It is located to the right of the Battery Information on FLy APP.

So if the VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH turns orange and I still have video on the RC 2 screen, and I can still move drone, will the VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH trigger RTH?

Apparently that happened to me. Is a weak VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH the same as SIGNAL LOST?

Just thought you might know.
Thanks for any insight.

You can still fly when your video signal is weak and even if it freezes or go blank, I have been able to keep flying to try to bring it back closer to home to hopefully pickup the video again and avert the inevitable RTH.

You can still fly when your video signal is weak and even if it freezes or go blank, I have been able to keep flying to try to bring it back closer to home to hopefully pickup the video again and avert the inevitable RTH.
Thanks. So in Waypoints settings, RTH on Signal Lost is referring to VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH becoming weak?

Thanks. So in Waypoints settings, RTH on Signal Lost is referring to VIDEO DOWNLINK SIGNAL STRENGTH becoming weak?
According to the user guide, this means when the remote controller signal and the drone lose the connection between the two; the connection that controls the drone's flight. Not when the video starts to fade and disappears from the rc screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1