DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant

Hivoltage

Reactions
Page 2 of the instructions says to download the DJI Assistant. AI did and opened it up but I see nothing to do in there except how to connect the Inspire2...that's it. Am I missing something?

I noticed that.

I think if you put the drone in data mode it will recognise the the correct model.

But to be honest not tried it yet myself though have installed app.

Page 2 of the instructions says to download the DJI Assistant. AI did and opened it up but I see nothing to do in there except how to connect the Inspire2...that's it. Am I missing something?
The inspire two is difficult so they give you instructions I think, the Mavic you just plug in; it is just the opening page you are seeing all normal.
Regards,
-d.

Dumb question- what is DJI assistant for? What does it give you?
It is a DJI software running on your computer (PC or Mac) helping you upgrade (or dowgrade) the firmware for your aircraft, remote or batteries; calibrate the vision sensors; download flight data files etc.
Some of these functions can be performed via the DJI GO 4 app on our mobile device as well; nevertheless, I prefer using the computer (especially for drone firmware upgrades) as the computer is much stabler, has more computing power, does not get calls, text messages etc. in the background during the upgrade; does not get the battery drained as a smartphone would do and personally I like data transfers via firm USB cable instead of wireless.

Reactions: call-151
It is a DJI software running on your computer (PC or Mac) helping you upgrade (or dowgrade) the firmware for your aircraft, remote or batteries; calibrate the vision sensors; download flight data files etc.
Some of these functions can be performed via the DJI GO 4 app on our mobile device as well; nevertheless, I prefer using the computer (especially for drone firmware upgrades) as the computer is much stabler, has more computing power, does not get calls, text messages etc. in the background during the upgrade; does not get the battery drained as a smartphone would do and personally I like data transfers via firm USB cable instead of wireless.

Ok thanks, makes sense - I initially installed it on my PC but as the App seems to have worked flawlessly thus far for me I've never bothered with it.

Thanks....they still should put some info on the opening page of the program. So the Mavic needs to be connected to the computer for this to work / do anything?

Reactions: Mcloer
Thanks....they still should put some info on the opening page of the program. So the Mavic needs to be connected to the computer for this to work / do anything?
Yes. First connect the Mavic with the computer via USB cable, then power up the drone AND ONLY THEN start DJI Assistant. That should do it.

Finally found DJI Assistant for Mac and downloaded it to my iMac. Tried to open, but got a "Can't open, it's from an unidentified developer" message. What??? DJI's an unidentified developer? Couldn't find an override menu in Safari preferences or System Preferences, so I won't be able to check it our. Why is a simple download so difficult?

Just right click on app and it will ask you to confirm ok to open. (on my mack 2 finger tap on touch pad). Only apps on app store are indentified as directly authorised.

Its also set the way in your security preferences, in system pref.

Just right click on app and it will ask you to confirm ok to open. (on my mack 2 finger tap on touch pad). Only apps on app store are indentified as directly authorised.

Its also set the way in your security preferences, in system pref.
Thanks, Robin - that worked. The Mac reported that DJI Assistant installed, but I can't find it anywhere. I expected to find it in the Applications folder, but no go there. Did a computer-wide search... nada. The icon appears as an iPhone app in iTunes, but you cannot open a phone's app on the computer. This is entirely more difficult than it should be :(

Last edited:
Yes its in the app folder, think it's just called assistant.

I renamed it to DJI

Here is the icon you are looking for, remember I renamed it. Its in apps.Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 12.18.05.png

I am having trouble even finding DJI Assistant ... im having the vision sensor error message pop up,where would i go to download it to my pc?

I get the same connect to Inspire2 front page when i open the Assistant app on my Mac pro. However it seems No matter what sequence I attempt of power up/down DJI assistant will not even "see" the Mavic or Remote. Tried multiple cables to no avail. I update thru the DJI Go 4 app on my phone and has worked for the 2 updates installed since first power up on Tuesday. I hope theres never a real need for the assistant since it will not work.
What am I missing that allows the assistant run?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan