DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh for foreign drone?

Ifti

Reactions
My friend is in the US and has purchased his Mavic. He will be bringing it back to the UK.
As yet it is not activated etc - not even unboxed - he will be doing that in the UK.

Can he buy the DJI Care Refresh from the UK and activate it with the US drone?
If so will he be able to get full cover as normal within the UK, or have to send it back to the US each time?

If the latter I'd advise him not to bother with DJI Care Refresh and look for a different insurance policy!

Refresh is tied to the serial number of one specific drone. I don't think it matters where it is purchased.

Reactions: Ifti
No it is not, Refresh WILL be tied to serial number after you have activated it. It is a stand alone product as you can see in the link above.
I bought refresh from another store for my bf's Mavic and had no problems registering. :)

My friend is in the US and has purchased his Mavic. He will be bringing it back to the UK.
As yet it is not activated etc - not even unboxed - he will be doing that in the UK.

Can he buy the DJI Care Refresh from the UK and activate it with the US drone?
If so will he be able to get full cover as normal within the UK, or have to send it back to the US each time?

If the latter I'd advise him not to bother with DJI Care Refresh and look for a different insurance policy!

DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage at the moment, only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased.

If you purchase your Mavic from US, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for UK. In this case, you can only apply for product warranty service in the US, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official UK service centre.

Thanks for your replies - I understand DJI Care Refresh is tied to one drone serial.

So once the drone is in the UK (where it will stay permanently) he can purchase the Care Refresh package in the UK and tie it to the drone upon activation (again, within the UK).....

Reactions: mikrokopter
So once the drone is in the UK (where it will stay permanently) he can purchase the Care Refresh package in the UK and tie it to the drone upon activation (again, within the UK).....
Yes, that is correct.
The only issue will be claiming warranty, where he will have to send it to the US (since it was originally purchased in US).

DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage at the moment, only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased.

If you purchase your Mavic from US, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for UK. In this case, you can only apply for product warranty service in the US, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official UK service centre.

This information is incorrect. It may have been a policy change between this post and now, but as it stands now Your DJI product and the DJI care refresh must be of the same region.

Just thought I`d update this thread, As I was looking to buy a drone, bring it here and buy a local care refresh. Sadly not possible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun