DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CrystalSky 5.5" High-Brightness Monitor

jpbedrone

Reactions
Thinking of selling my DJI Goggles Racing Edition and buying the CrystalSky 5.5". Been looking everywhere for the answer to this question - is the HDMI output of the CrystalSky clear off any flight data or any other on screen display? Also, is the CrystalSky 100% compatible with the Magic 2 Pro and in your opinion, is the 5.5" display adequately large? Any advise/opinions gratefully received!

You will get flight data on a larger monitor using the HDMI cable attached to the CS but if you swipe down on the CS screen, all the flight data is not visible, swipe up on the CS screen then it back to normal.

Yes the CS is 100% compatible with the M2P, that’s what I’m using;)

I personally think it’s more than adequate, (5.5) but other people will say the bigger screen is best, it’s down to personal preference. I use the 5.5, great screen, no problems with it being to small.

Photo below is my setup, yep that’s a M2P;)

Sorry forgot to say, welcome to the forumThumbswayup

F9715EB6-0B22-490F-8F22-E0118FB293F3.jpeg

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Thanks Porky, your set-up looks great! So just to confirm it's not possible to get a clean feed to an external monitor via an HDMI lead from the CrystalSky?

Thanks Porky, your set-up looks great! So just to confirm it's not possible to get a clean feed to an external monitor via an HDMI lead from the CrystalSky?

If I understand what you mean by clean feed do you mean viewing the Go4 app on the larger screen via the CS so it’s mirroring the CS screen?

Last edited:
What I'd like to do is view just the camera on an external TV via the HDMI output without all the telemetry seen on the Go4 app. If I could see the telemetry on the CS screen whilst simultaneously camera only (no telemetry) on the HDMI output that would be perfect.

What I'd like to do is view just the camera on an external TV via the HDMI output without all the telemetry seen on the Go4 app. If I could see the telemetry on the CS screen whilst simultaneously camera only (no telemetry) on the HDMI output that would be perfect.

Like what I said in my 1st post, you can swipe down on the CS screen then it’s clean, I’ve tried this on my large screen, it works but I’ve not tried the camera view via the large screen. I think to adjust the camera you will get the icons on the main screen.

When you swipe down on the CS is there any data visible on the HDMI output (battery level, warnings, etc)?

Reactions: Porky
When you swipe down on the CS is there any data visible on the HDMI output (battery level, warnings, etc)?

No just a blank screen, when you re swipe the CS screen again then you get all the Go4 app details. I suppose if you’re taking photos you would just use the controller to take the shot, so nothing will show on the screen.

I can try this out for you but it will have to be tomorrow now.

Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it. When you say a blank screen on the HDMI output is that the video feed from the drone without any on screen information superimposed or blank as it in black?

Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it. When you say a blank screen on the HDMI output is that the video feed from the drone without any on screen information superimposed or blank as it in black?

Nope not a black screen, when I connected the CS to my large screen I could see everything that was on the CS screen, mirrored.The Go4 app info was on both screens then when I swiped down on the CS screen I lost the Go4 app icons but I still had a info on both screens.

I’ll test it out tomorrow and report back;)

If you could get a photo of what's displayed on both screens with swiping and without swiping that would be fantastic!!! Thanks so much!

Good morning @jpbedrone

All tested, all looks good. I connected everything up as if I was out flying,

1st photo, large screen and the CS showing all the detailed Go4 app. You can’t really see the CS screen but it was mirroring the main screen.
82BFC25E-B2D4-46AA-B40E-805FE0235E8B.jpeg

26704224-54F9-4867-9171-4519D4C115C9.jpeg
2nd photo, I swiped down on the CS screen to remove the Go4 app, again it hard to see the CS screen but they are both mirrored.

E80AAB40-1749-41E9-9E32-005A2DA42702.jpeg

385FEB5F-28D2-49A7-9CD1-837CAB29868C.jpeg

The grid on the screen can be removed in the Go4 app settings. The only thing that showing on the 2nd screen is the battery info, should be able to turn this off in the app as well.

I took a couple of photos using the controller, all works fine. I hope this gives you a better understanding to your original question.

Again I think the 5.5 size is perfect but that’s your choice.

Last edited:
Right then, who wants to buy some never used DJI Goggles Racing Edition!? If you could let me know if it is possible to remove the grid and battery info from the HDMI display that would be the icing on the cake! Many, many thanks!

You will get flight data on a larger monitor using the HDMI cable attached to the CS but if you swipe down on the CS screen, all the flight data is not visible, swipe up on the CS screen then it back to normal.

Yes the CS is 100% compatible with the M2P, that’s what I’m using;)

I personally think it’s more than adequate, (5.5) but other people will say the bigger screen is best, it’s down to personal preference. I use the 5.5, great screen, no problems with it being to small.

Photo below is my setup, yep that’s a M2P;)

Sorry forgot to say, welcome to the forumThumbswayup

View attachment 63675
Thanks! How much does the monitor cost?

Right then, who wants to buy some never used DJI Goggles Racing Edition!? If you could let me know if it is possible to remove the grid and battery info from the HDMI display that would be the icing on the cake! Many, many thanks!

The grid, yep you can turn that off, tested no gridThumbswayup
The battery info, just found out it’s not the Go4 app battery info it’s the CS battery info, tried to turn that off, no joy;)

Sorry...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111