DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Filters?

bigworm

Reactions
Looking for some ND filters. Most reviews are luke warm on their ability to work, and not interfere with gimbal movement during startup. Does DJI make filters? Have only seen third party filters during my search.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sorry, don't understand. Question is, does DJI make filters, or is my only option PolarPro, etc...?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There are 4 to search up
Taco RC - 0.7g, can iniitiate.
PGY - 1.3g, some have issues initiating (i have these and it works fine).
Polar Pro - 1.7g, cannot initaite
Polar Cinematic series - weight???, can initiate.
Official DJI - unique design and only released a few days ago. No ND32. Judging by the pics, it looks the lightest but looks troublesome with fingerprints with install and removal (no reviews yet). DJI knows what they are doing i guess.

bigworm, you can find DJI's filters here. I have a list of other commonly used filters here.

bigworm, you can find DJI's filters here. I have a list of other commonly used filters here.

Have anyone used and tested any of the filters mentioned in commonly used filters in this list? Because I am looking forward to buy Polarizer or ND/PL mix filters.

Minus the DJI filters, I own all of those brands and can confirm they fit properly. I haven't tested them in detail (yet) to compare the quality.

Reactions: jerryflah
Have anyone used and tested any of the filters mentioned in commonly used filters in this list? Because I am looking forward to buy Polarizer or ND/PL mix filters.
I have had them on order since Jan 14 and they still have not shipped. I hate DJI for saying they have stuff for sale but don't have it to ship.. Should be a international law about that.

Reactions: MavProJNG
I currently own the Polar Pro Cinema Series-Vivid Collection (Amazon.com : Polar Pro Filters DJI Mavic Filters-Cinema Series-Vivid Collection : Camera & Photo) and the Polar Pro 3-Pack CP, ND8 & ND16 ( Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack (CP, ND8, ND16 Filters) : Camera & Photo ) and can confirm both of these work in my Mavic. I am trying to decide the look I like best in my videos but that's a separate issue.

I you decide to buy one of the above make sure the filter is inserted all the way in the camera/gimbal. When I first installed one of the above I was under the impression they did not pass calibration, got an error message, the gimbal was stuck unable to complete the auto test. But then I noticed I had not inserted the filter all the way.

Last edited:
I had also bought the Polar Pro Cinema Series-Vivid Collection, but when I installed each of the filters, I found they would not pass calibration, I got a gimbal error message(s) and the gimbal got snagged physically, unable to complete the auto startup sequence. (I had made sure I had inserted each filter all the way). I tried this numerous with each of the filters. It didn't fail every time, maybe 3 out of 4, but it was enough that I found these filters unworkable and I had to return them to PolarPro. (Which PolarPro refunded very graciously, thanks). I have the DJI filters on order and may try the Tacos if I'm unhappy with those.

I currently own the Polar Pro Cinema Series-Vivid Collection (Amazon.com : Polar Pro Filters DJI Mavic Filters-Cinema Series-Vivid Collection : Camera & Photo) and the Polar Pro 3-Pack CP, ND8 & ND16 ( Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack (CP, ND8, ND16 Filters) : Camera & Photo ) and can confirm both of these work in my Mavic. I am trying to decide the look I like best in my videos but that's a separate issue.

I you decide to buy one of the above make sure the filter is inserted all the way in the camera/gimbal. When I first installed one of the above I was under the impression they did not pass calibration, got an error message, the gimbal was stuck unable to complete the auto test. But then I noticed I had not inserted the filter all the way.
I had already paid for DJI filters Sold by DJI thinking they were in stock---but like the Mavic itself. They take your money right away and smile then never say when they will be available. This is a warning to others that if they wont to go through the waiting period again after they have paid--buy these..

Build-wise, the Freewell filters are very similar to PGYTECH and TACO-RC filters. They are just as easy to install/remove since they have a thin layer of foam around the inside of the filters.

I ordered a set of DJI filters almost 2 weeks ago and nothing yet on shipping.

I am starting to regret ordering them because the more I play with the camera the more I am realizing just how marginal it's light gathering capabilities are. Adding most ND filters are going to cut the light by 2 stops or more and that is going to mean bumping up the ISO to compensate. Even at 400 ISO the camera is becoming pretty grainy. I really don't want 400 to be my lowest workable ISO so I am thinking that unless it's an extremely sunny day and I am flying over a large glaring body of water the filters are probably not the best solution. I think post production will be a better solution for most cases.

On the other hand as far as the various models go I do think DJI was smart in making theirs out of plastic. The more weight you add to the gimbal is the more inertial movement your going to get on the camera. I think some people are happy about the filter just working and not jamming the gimbal but I think they should consider the increased vibration that a heavy filter adds to the camera as an very important factor

Rob

I ordered mine on 1/14, and they still have not shipped. I've followed up with DJI several times, but so far, no dice. You take the good with the bad when dealing with DJI, that's for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe