DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.10.0 - big update

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Last edited:

Motion Controller 2 m8.

Apart from adding goggles and MC2 compatibility what else? if thats all and because I have no intention on using goggles, is it worth updating ?

Reactions: Mrktn
I don't have them either, but I always install new firmware, once I know its not bugged (YT content creator's analysis).

Here's a YT video on the update Link

I just happened to by the Motion Controller 2 and Integra goggles last week, so after many updates and a little frustration, I was able to make "FPV" flights with both my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro yesterday afternoon. Even head tracking works.
As I've posted elsewhere, this just opens up a whole new world of ways to crash my camera drones! LOL.
I feel very secure flying the Avata and FPV drone with the goggles and motion controller, but so far I am far more hesitant when flying the two camera drones. I hope future updates will allow us to use the traditional stick controllers with the goggles.

Last edited:
One advantage of using the goggles when flying a camera drone is it eliminates sun glare. Downside is you need an observer when flying.
So you trade one blindness (inability to see the screen, but can see the drone itself), for another type of blindness (inability to see the drone, but can see the screen).

Do you mean Mini 3 Pro? There is no Mini 2 Pro.
Yes. I was so excited I was asking using my phone. Small buttons and fat fingers you know. I just found out it requires using the motion controller. Bummer!!! I bought one for the Avata and sold it quickly. I like sticks.

Reactions: Torque
I will update as a matter of my principals of having all my firmware/software up to date, but using Goggles is not my thing, and a big ask on the legality in flying with Goggles, all the exams taken emphasise on VLOS

Reactions: Torque and MA2 317
I will update as a matter of my principals of having all my firmware/software up to date, but using Goggles is not my thing, and a big ask on the legality in flying with Goggles, all the exams taken emphasise on VLOS
Yes, flying now becomes a two person activity if using the goggles. I fly alone within the confines of my half acre yard, not "legal" but not flying in public and endangering anyone. But to fly outside of my yard, I need a spotter to fly with me.
That is where it pays to have a buddy with goggles too, you can take turns flying and spotting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760