DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly (RC controller) vs. DJI Fly (RC-N1 iOS) vs. Litchi (iOS)

Reactions
New here, and new to "Droning". I'm very excited to enter into this hobby. If you haven't seen I have a I guess you say Mavic Air 2S or is it just Air 2S in the Mavic series?

I have both controllers, and trying to figure out which to use and when. Using the RC-N1 I know I can use 3rd party apps, and I am trying to assess Litchi before I put down the money for it.

My goals are photography recreationally, and maybe move to my Part 107 as a side biz. Not sure yet. I would like to use waypoints for photography (yes I know VLOS). If I want to use waypoints then I have to use Litchi, not sure how good it is with waypoint photography and pausing at each spot. Is its video, zoom, and photo details as good as using the DJI Fly?

Reactions: RodPad
I will find you a lot more Litchi stuff

You don't need an account to access the hub with a computer, you can take any mission and modify it, you just can't save it or run it without an account.

I just go after video footage around my house.

Rod ..

Reactions: countryfireman
New here, and new to "Droning". I'm very excited to enter into this hobby.
I have both controllers, and trying to figure out which to use and when. Using the RC-N1 I know I can use 3rd party apps, and I am trying to assess Litchi before I put down the money for it.
Welcome

You are going to have a really fun time droning.

So Which Controller ?
I have used both - but now mainly use the RC for Ease of use. (Quick get up and go)

There is a Price difference - but essentially have the same Power.
Using FCC mode (if you choose) will give you more power than you need on both.

If you prefer a Bigger screen the RC-N1 is the one to use. (I think the size of screen is Important) - Especially if you want to be a content creator - You should have ABSOLUTE Clear Visuals of what you are filming.
Also - Litchi and other Drone Apps are definately a Plus for use on the RC-N1.

Litchi ??
Litchi essentially is my GoTo Waypoint App - ... as its Very Easy to use the Litchi HUB on a PC to create a Mission.
Litchi - can do Most things that the FLy-App can do - but I have to admit my experience has been a Very Smooth Ride on FLY (compared to the tiny Micro-Jerks I notice on Litchi.
Also Using a Phone with the RC-N1 has its Benefits - like Using Wifi to a BIG Screen - While flying etc. (Cant on the DJI RC)
The RC-N1 also has Directional Antenas - ... but like I said earlier - You may not be Prejudiced on either controller - if using FCC -

At the Moment its not possible to use Litchi or any 3rd party apps (like wifi Mirroring) on the RC. In fact the RC Itself can only be used for the Fly-App and THATS THAT !

None the Less - Lots Of Luck - ...
FOr Selling Services on DJI drones - you need huge Practice - to Get great smooth and aesthetically pleasing cinematography.
Enjoy ! (and practice practice practice)

Last edited:
Wow!

I was just going to tell him about VLM. :rolleyes: 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: countryfireman
@countryfireman ,
I'll agree with @Rockowe on the RC-N1 controller. Using a larger screen (in my case, an iPad Air 2) is great.

I primarily use Litchi for everything (whether free-flying, waypoint or Orbit).
Orbit is a really interesting feature.
It causes the aircraft to circle around a point of interest while optionally having the gimbal keeping focus on it.
The orbit parameters (radius, altitude, speed) can be altered in real-time.
You can get tons of different shots and views of a POI knowing that your camera will remain pointed at your intended target.
If I want to use waypoints then I have to use Litchi, not sure how good it is with waypoint photography and pausing at each spot.
You can fly a waypoint mission and pause it at any point or end a mission before it reaches the last point (battery change, for example). You can start a mission at any waypoint (default is 1, but you can pick any point - again, after a battery change)

I think you had mentioned mapping in a different thread. Litchi is certainly capable of capturing images using Waypoint.

Considering the cost of our drone equipment, the $25 price tag for Litchi is minimal.

New here, and new to "Droning". I'm very excited to enter into this hobby. If you haven't seen I have a I guess you say Mavic Air 2S or is it just Air 2S in the Mavic series?

My goals are photography recreationally, and maybe move to my Part 107 as a side biz. Not sure yet. I would like to use waypoints for photography (yes I know VLOS). If I want to use waypoints then I have to use Litchi, not sure how good it is with waypoint photography and pausing at each spot. Is its video, zoom, and photo details as good as using the DJI Fly?
Both controllers are good. The smart controller is nice and bright. I use the RC N1 when I need portability beacuse it issmaller and I have to carry my phone anyway. The RC N! hasslightly better rnger with the Air 2S., Litchi is good I use DJI Fly for normal use and litchi for waypoints. Never had a problem with either. I like using DJI Flyt if I don't need the extras. The Air 2S is a great drone enjoy it and fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147