DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji go 4 problem

D700

Reactions
Hello I am an experienced phantom 3 pro user.
Yesterday I bought a Mavic pro, I spent time configuring it, and today I went to make my first flight with it but:

1- I wasnt able to fly, since the dji go 4 app wasn't able to "find" the drone. After a while trying, restarting the drone and the rc and the iphone I gave up. After arriving home I tried again and it worked perfectly (the app was finding the drone easily). Any ideas about what could be? Going to try it again tomorrow.

2-On my dji go 4 map the nfz zones aren't displayed with those circles. However I have geofence enabled, and I saw few screen shots on the web showing nfz marked. Anyone knows how can I have them displayed on my map?
thx in advance
Mavic Pro + DJI GO 4 + iPhone 7 Plus

Make sure you turn on the rc, app then drone in that order, that will allow it to find the Mavic.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: D700
Hello I am an experienced phantom 3 pro user.
Yesterday I bought a Mavic pro, I spent time configuring it, and today I went to make my first flight with it but:

1- I wasnt able to fly, since the dji go 4 app wasn't able to "find" the drone. After a while trying, restarting the drone and the rc and the iphone I gave up. After arriving home I tried again and it worked perfectly (the app was finding the drone easily). Any ideas about what could be? Going to try it again tomorrow.

2-On my dji go 4 map the nfz zones aren't displayed with those circles. However I have geofence enabled, and I saw few screen shots on the web showing nfz marked. Anyone knows how can I have them displayed on my map?
thx in advance
Mavic Pro + DJI GO 4 + iPhone 7 Plus
Make sure you turn on the rc, app then drone in that order, that will allow it to find the Mavic.
Regards,
-d.

Thx for your reply Bunny. Yeah I remember I did it, always the rc first. No clue what could be causing it. About #2 you have no idea?

Thx for your reply Bunny. Yeah I remember I did it, always the rc first. No clue what could be causing it. About #2 you have no idea?
There is a setting, I can not get to it now because I do not have the drone hooked up, I think it is in the ... (three dots) menu that asks about the nfz. I have not had an issue so I have not researched it, I will try to locate tonight and get back to you.
Regards,
-d.

Thanks a lot!
OK, so the setting I was referring to was the geo fencing, I am on Android so I am no more use to you, I would start a thread (or do a search) "NFZ in IOS" or something along those lines.
Regards,
-d.

Yes I have it on also, but unfortunately gor some mysterious reason for me isn't showing up. Anyway thanks a lot for your help. If I find the reason I'll let you know

Where did you plug the device into ?

If using the centre USB socket you must unplug the one on the side.

I used the one located on side. Today I made a few flights and it was a success. Loving the Mavic so far. But I really can't understand why I had those issues...

Well today I tried to fly it and...again not being able. It happens randomly.

Well today I tried to fly it and...again not being able. It happens randomly.
Try running from the bottom (must unplug the side cable), it may be the cable and try a few cables.
Regards,
-d

Bunny thank you. Yeah been trying different ones without success. It can work then after a while you try and it won't. I am going to try with my wife's iphone 7 plus also. Really thank you for your concern

Bunny thank you. Yeah been trying different ones without success. It can work then after a while you try and it won't. I am going to try with my wife's iphone 7 plus also. Really thank you for your concern
Found this post from a DJI employee.
"To see NFZ's or authorization zones you have to power on the aircraft and get GPS lock. And it only gives you the zones within a certain radius (you can't scroll the map 50 miles away and see any zones).
If you are within the radius about (10-15 miles) then you'll see all the zones if you have GEO enabled. If you have GEO disabled all you'll see is thre NFZ's

If you tap the gear icon in the map view you can also display other zones (Class, B,C,D,E airspace, heliports, stadiums, and others."
Are we supposed to be able to see the NFZs on the in-app map?
Regards,
-d.

Thanks once more Bunny! WellI really have no idea why but even with all setting on (geo) the authorization or nfz areas where not appearing on my map - tho I got alerts about it (I live near an international airport, so when testing at home I always get a warning). Anyway I sent back my Mavic, crossing my fingers for it to come fixed (disconnecting issues).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM