DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 with Google Pixel - Looking stable so far.

Downunder

Reactions
I tried my Google Pixel when I first got my Mavic a few weeks back and it kept crashing as it is not a supported device. I switched over to my Samsung S5 which is supported but a little laggy.
Downloaded the new DJI Go 4 app today and after 3 flights can confirm it's stable. It used to crash all the time with version 3.
I've tested as many modes as I can.
Not too sure if the issue with the Pixel crashing has been 'fixed' or the new version has removed the issues previously experienced.

I tried my Google Pixel when I first got my Mavic a few weeks back and it kept crashing as it is not a supported device. I switched over to my Samsung S5 which is supported but a little laggy.
Downloaded the new DJI Go 4 app today and after 3 flights can confirm it's stable. It used to crash all the time with version 3.
I've tested as many modes as I can.
Not too sure if the issue with the Pixel crashing has been 'fixed' or the new version has removed the issues previously experienced.

Do you have the Pixel or Pixel XL? I have the Pixel XL and so far neither DJI GO version 3 or 4 have been working very good with it. Version 3 will load up but crash ~5-10min or so. Version 4 seems to not crash as mutch, however It does crash everysingle time after the first launch; requiring me to clear the App Data. I also got version 4 to crash consistantly when trying to do POI orbit.

So far Litchi app has been 100% more stable than the DJI Go apps. I really hope they fix these crashes, cause I prefer dji go over litchi. would be really nice if I didn't have to use my old S5.

My pixel xl is doing the same thing. I believe I will get a iPad mini or an Android tablet as I just am tired of the buggy response. I am already nervous about flying it, don't need all of these things adding up. I did download litchi so I may try that in the meantime.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Try disabling the video caching to the phone. I think that has an effect of stability. Since I turned mine of it's real good. I have the 128GB XL version for reference.

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.jpg

Reactions: hamonrye
4 has been a lot more stable on my Nexus 5X too. Maybe they fixed a lot of the issues interfacing with Google hardware on stock Android.

This has been horribly unstable with my Pixel until late April's firmware/DJI go version.

I would fly for little bit and get random disconnects that would last for ~30s at a time. No disconnects whatsoever when I switched over to my iPhone 7 in the same places.

I stopped using the Pixel, but I would sure like to know why it was so unstable.

Reactions: flipf
I have the XL also and used it the first few days along with a HTC One M8 both crashed every flight. Got to the point I was scared to fly the MP. DJI doesn't support neither so I snatched up a Nexus 7 2013 for $99. All is well since switching especially since all Android tablets have GPS standard unlike iPads which you need the cellular version.

I have the XL also and used it the first few days along with a HTC One M8 both crashed every flight. Got to the point I was scared to fly the MP. DJI doesn't support neither so I snatched up a Nexus 7 2013 for $99. All is well since switching especially since all Android tablets have GPS standard unlike iPads which you need the cellular version.

Seems like some people were reporting broken USB-C cables I be the culprit for this. I had so many unexpected disconnects with the Pixel though that I'm not very keen on trying again with another cable.

Seems like some people were reporting broken USB-C cables I be the culprit for this. I had so many unexpected disconnects with the Pixel though that I'm not very keen on trying again with another cable.
I have tried flying with other USB-C cables and the same thing happens every time. Same thing with the HTC One multiple Micro USB cables same problem. When I got my Nexus a few days later I tried the same Micro USB cables not a single problem after take off. DJI needs to work on increasing the supported devices for their app. Only thing I ran into was the DJI Go app not starting when the tablet was already plugged in when powering everything on. But read that this was common and the fix was to connect the tablet after the RC and AC are linked.

So I tried something new with the Pixel phone. Like my Nexus 7 2013 tablet I shut off all out going connects like wifi, Bluetooth, etc. An after powering up the RC and AC I then plugged the phone up using the supplied cord from DJI (I did the worst case scenario and used everything that comes with the Mavic Pro). It flew perfect repeatedly other than signal interface which is common in my area with huge power lines and wifi signals everywhere. Only thing left on during flight was the normal cellular service. I will try this with my HTC One next to see if it flys with no crashes also. The key part from what I have experienced is to plug in the device last. Here is a 9 minute screen capture video sped up with me fly with the Pixel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard