DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO App crashing

This just isnt good enough.

DJI cannot have an important part as the Android app randomly crash on itself. It seems to me like they prioritize the iOS app over the Android app. Shambles, really. Their QA work on the app cannot be any good when they release app versions that have random strange issues, e.g. the app not working at all as mentioned before in this thread.

Get a grip DJI!!

Last edited:
I did the uninstall, reboot, reinstall thing. It's still having problems. Totally unpredictable too. Some flights it never has a problem. Last flight after about 5 min it just lost connection to the phone and wouldn't regain until after I rebooted the whole rc controller (app didn't crash this time and a phone reboot didn't fix it either)...pretty shabby. But awesome when it works!

I am sure you already made sure that 'hardware encoding' was on, and all background apps were disabled as well as BT. I am not sure how powerful the CPU in the Nexus is but the DJI Go app is process intensive, it even made my iPad Air2 heat up.

If the latest Nexus can't handle it, not many phones can. Fortunately I still have my galaxy s4 that doesn't seem to be exhibiting the same problems.

Turn off the controller and try direct wifi only mode. This will prove if its the USB transfer modes are causing the issue. If the app crashes in wifi mode then the GO app or Nexus may have a video codec issue.

I am sure you already made sure that 'hardware encoding' was on, and all background apps were disabled as well as BT. I am not sure how powerful the CPU in the Nexus is but the DJI Go app is process intensive, it even made my iPad Air2 heat up.
Could you point me in the direction of what settings need to be enabled on my phone? I see a Force GPU Rendering option in the developer settings.

pretty easy t

DJI cannot have an important part as the Android app randomly crash on itself. It seems to me like they prioritize the iOS app over the Android app. Shambles, really. Their QA work on the app cannot be any good when they release app versions that have random strange issues, e.g. the app not working at all as mentioned before in this thread.

Get a grip DJI!![/

Get a grip DJI!!

easy to get an app working that is built for one hardware platform (IOS)
always going to be difficult when writing an app for many different hardware platforms, each with their own manufacturers tweaks to the OS

pretty easy t

always going to be difficult when writing an app for many different hardware platforms, each with their own manufacturers tweaks to the OS
Yes, but a lot of app developers do it way better than DJI. I haven't had a single app restart my phone in a couple years now. I'm glad it's not just the Galaxy S7 anymore, because DJI can't just pawn the problem off to Samsung anymore.

pretty easy t

This - just look at all the different versions of Android out there for every carrier and every phone version and manufacturer.

App worked flawlessly for me today. I did notice there was a recent update from the play Store. I have a s7 edge.
Working good on my S7 edge too. Btw to other poster, Android fragmentation should be a non issue with a large company like DJI. Hundreds of other app developers with intensive apps make do just fine.

I have a Nexus 6p and the app crashes every time I go click on Facebook live to stream.

App works fine on galaxy s4 for me, problematic on Nexus 5x though...random crashes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada