DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go App on jailbroken iPhone

cradle66

Reactions
Hello
I just got my Mavic Pro and it took me a while to get it up in the air. My problem was that my iPhone 6 plus has ios 8.3 and is jailbroken. I realized that because I activate it with my wife's iphone which is not jailbroken. Now I can start it up and make it fly but I cannot connect my iphone so I only got the rc. Anytime I try to connect my iphone and open the app it freezes and sometimes I even have to do a hard reset to the iphone. Is there any solution or even a cydia tweak that I can bypass the freeze in the app or I have to unjailbreak my phone? I tried the tsProtector but it didn't work. Thanks in advance.

PS Sorry if I post in the wrong place I'm new it the forum

Usually if an iOS app is written to detect a jail broken phone it will just warn you and tell you that you can not run that app.
If the app file structure and main shared files were not changed or modified then the app should work.
App for movies, TV, and stuff with digital write protection usually prevent the app from running on a jail broken phone, but I don't see why DJI would enable this in the code.
Since you don't get the error I dknt think it's the app.

Try removing the app, restarting and reinstalling the app.
If that doesn't work then now you will need to figure out what Cydia jailbreak mod or app changed a shared resource that is causing the app to stop loading and freezing.
This might be checking logs for errors, or remove any mod for video players and cameras. The new DJI go 4 app also now records sound, so maybe a mode that is listening and using the mic all the time is stopping the DJI go 4 from loading.

But that's the problem with jail broken phones, either you know unix/bsd and know how to work out bugs and errors or you wait for others to fix it for you. So beyond these suggestions, I don't have any other ideas but maybe checking with the jail broken forum community.

I'll try to uninstall/reinstall to see if thats work... Does anyone else have the same issue?

Uninstall/reinstall did not work... I also tried it with an ipad that is also jailbroken and it didn't work either... Does anyone have another suggestion?

Well you confirmed it' may be just a problem with jail broken iOS devices.
Then I realized you said your running iOS 8.3, I thought this was the recent iOS 10 jailbreak you were using.
So are you using DJI Go 4 app? According to the App Store the Go 4 is iOS 9 or higher compatible, so it won't work with iOS 8.3
Now DJI GO is iOS 8 or higher, but I don't know if it will work with the mavic.
I think your best bet is to give up on the jail broken and update the device your going to fly with. Or get a new tablet for the mavic, Andriod tablets are cheap but I've also heard horror stories about the app crashing all the time on some manufactures of Andriod devices since they are not all the same Andriod version, or hardware.

I found a cellular 32GB iPad mini 2 on Craigslist for $200 that runs iOS 10. A nice bracket for $30, then a cheap $8 sun cover and it works better then using my iPhone 6. Maybe look for a used iPad min, it doesn't matter what cell service it has, that give give you GPS for Return to home to controller location feature. Even a 16GB would work and give you 8GB free for cache video and logs of flights. If internet is needed you can teacher to your phone when flying for live streams when flying or map updating.

Scott

Last edited:
Reactions: FLwaverunner
I chat the DJI live chat with someone and they told me the solution is to unjailbreak my phone. I know that jailbreak is not illegal and I don't know why the app is not working on jailbroken devices. I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I think I'm gonna get another device to use it just for mavic.

Last edited:
I chat the DJI live chat with someone and they told me the solution is to unjailbreak my phone. I know that jailbreak is not illegal and I don't know why the up is not working on jailbroken devices. I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I think I'm gonna get another device to use it just for mavic.
Interesting, do they know your running iOS 8.3?
I would,have expected them to tell you to upgrade iOS to at least iOS 9 since that's what the app said it requires to run.
Or maybe they say to unjailbreak because they know your jailbreak is 8.3.

But a separate device is also great, I picked up a cheap iPad mini 2 on Craigslist and use that mostly just for the mavic and it works great.

I'm running DJI Go 4 on jailbroken IOS 10.2 IPad without problems :) (tried to figure out some "secret settings" in the sqlite-files but the important things are safe in the firmware :p)

I will try to update and jailbreak to see what happens... I know is out of topic but does anyone knows if there's a 10.2.1 jailbreak?

Hello
I just got my Mavic Pro and it took me a while to get it up in the air. My problem was that my iPhone 6 plus has ios 8.3 and is jailbroken. ....? I tried the tsProtector but it didn't work. Thanks in advance.

My iPhone 5s is jail broken and I don't have trouble with Dji app. Some things to try:

1) confirm you have the DJI 4.0 app from the App Store, not the "regular" DJI app.

2) you can restart your iPhone while holding the "volume down" button the phone. This temporarily boots up the phone in non-jailbreak mode. (Next time you restart your phone and don't hold volume down it will boot up in jailbreak again)
In non jailbreak mode, try using the drone app and see if you still have problems. If this resolves the issue then you are right and somehow the jail break is the problem and just reboot in non-JB mode before flying each time.

3). Check some of the JB tweaks you have. Maybe they are conflicting and you can disable them one by one to see which is causing the problem. For example, I had to turn off "VideoPane" for the DJI apps

4) try Litchi app- does that work?

Hello
I just got my Mavic Pro and it took me a while to get it up in the air. My problem was that my iPhone 6 plus has ios 8.3 and is jailbroken. I .........

Yeah, reading this again- if you have iOS 8, it is probably because you don't have DJI go 4.

Rather than spending $300+ on a new phone, I suggest spending $30 on the litchi app and see if that works. Just flying with 3rd party apps may be the easiest and cheapest option.

If/when the latest version of iOS gets jailbroken , then upgrade to iOS 10, jail break, and install DJI 4 not problem.

Yes I'm on ios 8 and I cannot have dji 4 app unfortunately... About the second option you mentioned... I was thinking to test something exactly like that but I never heard of a non jailbroken mode. Can I enable it on ios 8 or is it for newer JB ios? How do I know if it done right and I'm in non jailbreak mode?

Ok after loads of tries here are my results.
Litchi app works fine and I think thats the solution for my problem.
Entering safe mode it still did not work. Unfortunately I'm on ios 8 and I cannot get dji 4 app.
Now I don't know what tweaks to start remove that is gonna take days to test but if I do it and find the solution I'm gonna post the answer. So at the moment I had to get the litchi app for €23 and do the work without have to buy a new device for that purpose.
Thank you all for your help

Ok after loads of tries here are my results.
Litchi app works fine and I think thats the solution for my problem.
Entering safe mode it still did not work. Unfortunately I'm on ios 8 and I cannot get dji 4 app.
Now I don't know what tweaks to start remove that is gonna take days to test but if I do it and find the solution I'm gonna post the answer. So at the moment I had to get the litchi app for €23 and do the work without have to buy a new device for that purpose.
Thank you all for your help

If you are on iOS 8 then there is no need to worry about finding which JB tweak to disable - the problem is OS itself, not jailbreak. So litchi seems to be your best solution (it is also a great app anyway).

The one major downside to be aware of is only the official DJI apps can change some advanced settings on the drone, including drone & controller firmware updates (I believe this is still true at least). So you'll want to use a different device to do those from time to time, or install firmware updates manually via SD card. An inconvenience but not an insurmountable one.

And to answer your other question- the "volume down to temporary boot in non-JB mode" has been in jailbreaks as far back as I can remember, though lots of people seem unaware of that handy trick.

Good luck.

If you are on iOS 8 then there is no need to worry about finding which JB tweak to disable - the problem is OS itself, not jailbreak. So litchi seems to be your best solution (it is also a great app anyway).

The one major downside to be aware of is only the official DJI apps can change some advanced settings on the drone, including drone & controller firmware updates (I believe this is still true at least). So you'll want to use a different device to do those from time to time, or install firmware updates manually via SD card. An inconvenience but not an insurmountable one.

And to answer your other question- the "volume down to temporary boot in non-JB mode" has been in jailbreaks as far back as I can remember, though lots of people seem unaware of that handy trick.

Good luck.

Yes I did the trick with non JB mode (safe mode) and it didn't work. But I also tested dji 4 app on a jailbroken ipad pro with ios 9 and also It didn't work. I don't know what else to do but thanks to you I now use the litchi app which is a good app. As for firmware updates I use my imac and dji assistant 2 for this.
Thank you for your suggestions

Reactions: Pp09nlk2n
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise